Welcome to the Daily News! In the press today…
Focus Home Interactive and Rogue Factor to adapt Games Workshop’s Warhammer 40,000 cult classic, Necromunda: Underhive Wars
After a successful first collaboration on Mordheim: City of the Damned, released on PC and consoles, Focus Home Interactive and Rogue Factor today proudly announce a new partnership with Games Workshop to begin development of Necromunda: Underhive Wars, the adaptation of cult classic tabletop game Necromunda, set in the Warhammer 40,000 universe.
Necromunda: Underhive Wars is a turn-based tactical RPG. Rival gangs of ruthless warriors are locked in an endless war for control of the Underhive, a gigantic warren of derelict factories, rusted metal husks, and forgotten technologies. Anarchy, violence, betrayal and death rule this hellish place, long forsaken by any semblance of civilization.
More info will be unveiled at What’s Next de Focus event in Paris, on February 1st and 2nd.
Blyss Finally Finally Lands on Android
Global mobile game publisher ZPLAY is proud to announced that after its geat success on iOS, Blyss- a high-quality puzzle game, will be officially released on Google Play tomorrow on 19th Jan.
Blyss is a great puzzle game, enabling you to mediate in simple and minimalist background environment.
Procedurally generated unqiue and unlimited puzzles ensures Blyss a special charm. Once the players start the game, they will be completely obsessed with its eye-catching pictures and pleasant sound effects.
Travelling through Beautiful mountains, serene valleys and harsh deserts, players can enjoy pleasant experience in different gaming background while solving Blyss’ unique and self-evolving puzzles.
The endless puzzle adventure along with musical ambient themes will keep you hooked for hours as you write your own high scoring saga.
Youtube Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_DbZMwP1ec
A Grand Tale of Adventure and Peril Awaits in Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception and Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth
Those looking to explore a world full of fantastical beasts, powerful magic, political intrigue, and unlikely heroes will be able to scratch their adventurous and unleash their inner strategist, because ATLUS will be publishing two new games from veteran storytellers AQUAPLUS! Two visual novel and strategy RPGs Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception and Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth will be released in the Americas on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita in both physical and digital formats; the European PS4 version will have a physical release, but the PS Vita version will be digital-only. Mask of Deception will release in the spring, and the game’s direct sequel, Mask of Truth will release later in the year with English text and the original Japanese audio. For both games, the PS4 version will be $49.99, and the PS Vita version will be $39.99.
Originally known as Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen in Japan, Mask of Deception is a grand tale meant to enchant the hearts and minds of players in search of incredible journey. The game begins atop a snowy mountain where the protagonist awakens in an unfamiliar wilderness, surrounded by deadly creatures, with nothing but a hospital gown and a splitting headache. However, he’s eventually rescued by a beautiful girl named Kuon, who sports both adorable animal ears and a beastlike tail. Finding that the hapless man has no memory of anything, Kuon decides to take the amnesiac into her care, naming him Haku. As their journey takes them across the land, Haku will (reluctantly) encounter colorful characters (yes, that means more animal people), build deep relationships, battle ruthless enemies, and find himself inexorably dragged into the political machinations of the mighty nation of Yamato.
Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception features:
- An Unforgettable Story – Mask of Deception offers a story-rich visual novel experience (40-50+ hours long) that lets players shape the future of a fully realized world filled with fantastical lore and history! Mask of Deception sets up the story for a thrilling conclusion in Mask of Truth, and we’ll reveal more information about the final game at a later date.
- An Active SRPG Battle System – Players will need to defend Haku and his friends by engaging in intense SRPG combat with the various hostiles that populate the world. The battle system is a thrilling mix of turn-based tactics and Attack Chain mechanics. Players can remain active during combat by successfully completing timing-based charging rings to execute critical attacks or vital dodges/blocks.
- Fully Fleshed Out Combat – Unique combat features such as the rewind function, elemental affinities/weaknesses, unique character skills, and more add a layer of depth to fights. It’ll take true tactical acumen to emerge victorious in battle!
- Breathtaking Art – With a stunning art style and beautifully rendered cutscenes, the game is a feast for the eyes for Japanese visual novel and anime aficionados!
- Beautiful Songs and a Thrilling Score – The rousing music, recorded and remastered at the legendary Abbey Road Studios and EastWest Studios, is a perfect soundtrack to accompany a great adventure.
Candleman Gets Lit on February 1, Available Exclusively on Xbox One
How far can you travel alone in the dark? Candleman, published by
E-Home Entertainment and developed by Spotlightor Interactive, launches in over 28 regions including North America on Feb. 1, 2017. The puzzle platformer will place players in control of a little candle tasked with finding the way through each dark adventure with only 10 seconds of candlelight per level. Available exclusively on Xbox One for $14.99 USD, Candleman is an odyssey through things that go bump in the night.
Get a glimpse of Candleman’s journey in this teaser trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKSqK43Zexw
Players embark on each in-game level with a full-size Candleman equipped with the ability to produce 10 full seconds of candlelight. Beware the darkness and those dangers that inhabit it, but know that each use of candlelight results in melted candlewax, generating a lighter and more maneuverable Candleman. Take care to safeguard your remaining candlelight; should you use your 10 seconds entirely, you’ll surely perish in the darkness.