After seven years in development, the fifth and last chapter of the critically acclaimed visual novel The Hayseed Knight will be finally released on Steam at the end of the month, on the 29th of February 2024!
Chapter 5’s release update will include 6 new hours of fully voice-acted content, alongside a yet to be released animated intro, updated art and music, rewritten scenes in early chapters, and different choice-based endings and epilogues, for a total average of 20+hours of gameplay!
The full game release was announced during The Storyteller’s Festival, alongside a small price increase to reflect the end of the game’s development period and the increased amount of content. The current 20% discount for the duration of the festival will be the last chance to get The Hayseed Knight discounted at the original release price of 14’99 USD.
Join a ragtag band of misfits as they piece together how Ader, a one-eyed farmboy with seemingly impossible dreams, becomes the most celebrated knight the kingdom of Acazhor has ever known.
This gorgeous, fully voice-acted animated visual novel unravels in unexpected ways with a perfect blend of mystery, comedy and romance!
Steam Store Page: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1332990/The_Hayseed_Knight/
Price: 14,99 USD -> to be increased to 19’99 USD on release (29th February)
- A grand, mysterious tale – Come, traveller, and listen to the tale of Ader-sind of the Upperfield, the greatest knight the kingdom has ever known! The bravest! The most handsome! The… yeah, no, let’s try this again.
- Choose Ader’s fate – Take care as you play, because your decisions throughout Ader’s tale will ultimately impact his relationships and decide the outcome of his story.
- Bursting with charisma – Every character you meet on your journey through Acazhor is fully voiced and overflowing with personality. Dodge prying questions from an enigmatic sorceress, scrape funds together for your next meal with a tune-deaf bard, engage in philosophical conversation with a giant tree man and more.
- Beautiful illustration and animation – Closer to a cartoon than simply a visual novel, every scene in The Hayseed Knight is hand drawn and lovingly animated to truly bring the characters and world to life.
- Passion project – Created primarily by one dedicated person over the last five years, The Hayseed Knight truly reflects the heart and soul poured into it.
- Unique fantasy world – With deep lore and a history all of its own, the world of The Hayseed Knight extends much farther than this story and is ready for you to dive into using the in-game encyclopedia.
- Queer romance story – In an unconventional tale told in an unconventional way, not even falling in love could be a straightforward affair. You’ll laugh and cry watching this touching romance unfold, layer by layer… always more to it than meets the eye.