Get a first look at the environment, tools, and vampires that await in Schell Games’ upcoming single-player VR horror title
Today, Schell Games debuted an extended gameplay trailer for Silent Slayer: Vault of the Vampire during the Ruff Talk VR 2024 Showcase. Featuring developer commentary, the extended gameplay trailer explores the game’s ominous castle setting, intuitive lineup of tools, intricate gameplay, enigmatic puzzles, and the fanged monsters lurking in the dark. It launches this year for Meta Quest 2, Meta Quest Pro, and Meta Quest 3 VR headsets. Eager vampire slayers can wishlist the game now on the Meta Quest Store. Hear from the developers and get a taste of what lies ahead:
In Silent Slayer: Vault of the Vampire, players take on the role of an intrepid vampire hunter who must enter a foreboding castle and eliminate a council of evil slumbering vampires. The castle is vast, dark, and gloomy, filled with dangerous foes asleep in coffins. To reach the sleeping vampires, hunters must carefully disarm various traps, find the vampires’ hearts, and perform binding rituals to slay the creatures.
Silent Slayer: Vault of the Vampire is broken into chapters, each with two halves. The first half gives players time to learn about their target and assemble increasingly complex 3D puzzles. The second half is dedicated to disarming traps and vanquishing their foe. Silence and precision are critical – fast movements or loud noises will wake the vampire, leading to the player’s demise.
“With Silent Slayer, we’re putting players to the ultimate test. The game is full of precision, tension, and, of course, the danger of a slumbering vampire being awakened at any moment,” said Jesse Schell, CEO of Schell Games. “Those brave enough to enter the castle will immediately feel just how alone they are – every sound echoes, every gust of wind wails, and every shadow seems to move. The tension it creates is incredible – it’s the scariest thing I’ve ever done in VR, but I can’t stop playing it!”
Key features include:
- Vicious Vampires – Players who make even one wrong move will have a royal court of deadly vampires, each with their own peculiarities and macabre predilections, at the ready to sink their fangs in slayers’ necks before they can say “Nosferatu.”
- Diabolical Defenses – Slayers will untangle increasingly imposing and intricate traps ready to be tripped by an unsteady hand.
- Tactical Tools – Players will master many unique instruments, though a stake through the heart is the only way to end it.
- Creepy Crawlies – Only slayers who maintain unwavering focus will have the resilience to conquer unsettling diversions.
- Jumpscares Galore – Tension builds with every move. Only the bravest of souls will survive.
- An Unfolding Tale – In the end, slayers will accept their fate, souls be damned.