Warframe gives PC gamers one more Christmas present with “The Glast Gambit” update!
Independent developer and publisher, Digital Extremes, dropped one last gift under the Christmas tree this year for Warframe® players with the free PC update. The Glast Gambit, released today, features the Infested powers of the newest Warframe, Nidus, along with a new Quest, Weapons, Customizations, Mods, and more.
The Glast Gambit is free and ready to dive into for all players who have completed this year’s biggest cinematic quest, The War Within, released in November. Summoned by Ergo Glast of the Perrin Sequence to the outpost known as the Mycona Colony, players will uncover a colony engaged in questionable practices and a mysterious figure key to its success. Profit-driven Corpus aristocrat Nef Anyo has stolen the children of the Mycona and it’s up to the Tenno to bring them back. Confront Nef in The Index and beat him at his own game, but beware Tenno, not all is as it seems.
Primary highlights of The Glast Gambit update include:
- NEW WARFRAME: Plague your enemies with the Infested powers of Lotus’ newest warrior, Nidus. Spread the Infestation by spawning maggots that seek nearby enemies, manifest plagued tendrils that will immobilize foes, and redistribute the damage you take to infected victims.
- NEW QUEST: Nef Anyo has stolen the children of the Mycona Colony, and the Tenno must challenge Nef in The Index and beat him at his own game.
- NEW WEAPONS: Handle new Weapons and Customizations with care as they have been corrupted by the Infestation.
- HEMA – Wield this symbiotic burst-rifle designed to leech health to forge its ammo, and then restore health with each headshot.
- HIRUDO – Rip into the enemy with fists of razor sharp cartilage. Steals health with each critical hit.
- RIVEN MODS: Expand your strength by wielding new Riven Mods for Secondary Weapons – but know that you must prove yourself before their powers are revealed.
- THORAC SYANDANA: Drape yourself with the new sinuous spine of Infested anatomy.
NieR Automata demo available on PSN Store NOW!!!
Additionally, a new trailer was released, showing off the upcoming FINAL FANTASY® XVand DRAGON QUEST® collaborations in which android 2B will be able to equip Noctis’s signature weapon, the “Engine Blade” from FINAL FANTASY XV and the “Cypress Stick” from the DRAGON QUEST series.
The new trailer is available on YouTube here: https://youtu.be/wvZ5elGqkvQ.
“Pixel Heroes: Byte & Magic”, “Toby: The Secret Mine” and “Trulon: The Shadow Engine” coming to consoles soon
An early gift giving for all Xbox One owners today – Headup Games proudly announced the release of Pixel Heroes: Byte & Magic, Toby: The Secret Mine and Trulon : The Shadow Engine for Xbox One in January respectively February 2017. Whatever type of player you are – you definitely won’t be bored in the late winter days.
Nintendo fans will also be pleased to hear that Toby: The Secret Mine will also launch on Wii U simultaneously, so some more stuff to fill the gap until the Nintendo Switch will celebrate its launch in March.
Pixel Heroes: Byte & Magic offers classical RPG gameplay in its own unique retro pixel art style. Prepare yourself for a thrilling RPG/roguelike experience like you have never seen before. Permadeath, randomly generated dungeons, events and weapons and the weirdest NPCs of all time guarantee for hours of fun, leveling and loot, loot, loot!
Toby: The Secret Mine is a beautifully crafted puzzle platforming game by Czech indie developer Lukáš Navrátil. Inspired by games like Limbo or Nihilumbra, Toby: The Secret Mine offers a very aesthetic art style with classical platforming gameplay including tons of well-elaborated puzzles.
Trulon: The Shadow Engine takes the players to a world of steampunk and magic. The adventure RPG offers a unique card combat system while telling a visionary story based on a new novel from Jak Koke, an award-winning author who is known from the best-selling Shadowrun trilogy, The Dragon Heart Saga.
A bit of a dead day today for news; unfortunately that’s about it folks!