NeocoreGames’ Tower Defense Action-RPG hybrid is free in January for all Xbox Live Gold members!
NeocoreGames is proud to announce that The World of Van Helsing: Deathtrap is available now on Xbox One for € 19.99 and FREE for all Xbox Live Gold members in January as part of the Games With Gold program.
The World of Van Helsing: Deathtrap invites players to venture beyond the veil of this world, where a chain of strongholds were once built to keep the horrors of the void at bay. Now that the monsters are returning from the depths to conquer and kill, players will take direct control of either the Sorceress, the Mercenary or the Marksman and rebuild / improve the ancient traps to stop the monsters before they break through to our world.
Deathtrap is a Tower Defense game with strong Action-RPG elements, a game of vicious tricks, killing machines, rotating blades and splattering blood. In collaboration with Microsoft we’re proud to bring our Tower Defense Action RPG hybrid to Xbox One and even happier to announce that The world of Van Helsing: Deathtrap is FREE for all Xbox Live Gold members in January!
FFXIV Stormblood Expansion Pack releasing in NA, EU and Japan on June 20th 2017!
During the FINAL FANTASY® XIV Fan Festival 2016 in Tokyo, SQUARE ENIX® announced that Stormblood™, the second expansion pack for FINAL FANTASY XIV, will launch in North America, Europe, and Japan on June 20, 2017. Players can pre-order the highly-anticipated follow-up to Heavensward™ starting January 24 to receive exclusive bonuses.
During the keynote address, producer/director Naoki Yoshida announced a plethora of new details for Stormblood, including the following:
- New Job – Red Mage (DPS Role): The highly anticipated red mage job will make its debut in Stormblood as a ranged magic DPS, wielding a rapier and magicked crystal medium. A very mobile attacker, the red mage dives in and out of melee combat, assaulting enemies with red magic and short-ranged attacks. The red mage also has the ability to link multiple spells with chainspell, dealing massive damage and following them up with melee attacks.
- Swimming and Diving: This new gameplay mechanic will allow players to seamlessly enter and traverse specific rivers, lakes, and seas in both new and existing areas throughout Eorzea®. Players will also be able to dive underwater in select locations, even while riding flying mounts. Underwater areas will not only include new gathering locations, but also will provide an opportunity for NPC interaction.
- New Beast Tribe and Primal: The Ananta, an all-female beast tribe, is the newest of the beast tribes to be introduced to the world of FFXIV. This ancient tribe resides in the mountains near Ala Mhigo and worships the primal Lakshmi. Known for their skill in spell and gemcraft, the Lamia will play a very important role in the Stormblood main scenario as their persecution by the Garlean Empire is revealed.
- New High-Level Raid: The Bend of Time – Omega was announced as the high-level raid series for Stormblood. Omega has surfaced within the main scenario in the past, but this menace will soon appear in full force. The mystery behind the appearance of Omega and the significance of “The Bend of Time” will be unveiled through the story surrounding this raid.
- New Alliance Raid: Two special guest creators were invited to assist with the design of the newly-announced alliance raid “Return to Ivalice”: Yasumi Matsuno (FINAL FANTASY XII / FINAL FANTASY TACTICS) will write the scenario surrounding the raid, while Keita Amemiya (Onimusha 2 / Shin Megami Tensei IV) will spearhead monster and boss design.
- Stormblood Theme Song: Legendary composer Nobuo Uematsu will return to create the main theme song for Stormblood.
Rounding out the announcements, SQUARE ENIX revealed information on the Stormblood collector’s edition. This version features a special box with art decoration by Yoshitaka Amano, as well as:
- FINAL FANTASY XIV: Stormblood
- Stormblood Special Art Box
- Expertly Crafted Zenos yae Galvus Figure
- FINAL FANTASY XIV: Stormblood Art Book
- Cloth Map of Eorzea
- Stormblood Logo Sticker
- Exclusive In-game Items
- Syldra Mount
- Wind-up Bartz Minion
- Chicken Knife
Pre-orders for Stormblood will begin on January 24, 2017. Additional details for Stormblood will be shared during the European Fan Festival in Frankfurt on February 18-19, 2017.
Vidar announces Steam Early Access launch on January 31st, 2017, along with a new Trailer!
Today, Razbury Games revealed the Early Access launch trailer for Vidar, an RPG Puzzler Where Everyone Dies, and announced that the game will be available on Steam Early Access on January 31, 2017. Vidar is focused on random story-telling and random puzzles. You play as the Stranger, a character who was lost in a snowstorm and made it to a town at a time when no one can leave. The town of Vidar is plagued by a terrible beast with an appetite for those who still live; so long as this Beast is left to feast on the remaining villagers, Vidar’s days are numbered.
Each resident has his or her own stories to tell, their own quests to give the Stranger, and their own relationships with each other. As their neighbors, lovers, friends, and family die, each is deeply affected by the loss – and their story arcs diverge accordingly. As the game progresses, the stories of the living change in response not just to what the player has done, but to who has died as well. Because the order of deaths in Vidar is random each playthrough, every game is a new story. In order to stop the Beast, you’ll enter a puzzle dungeon that explores classic mechanics with new twists, each chosen from a bank of hundreds to create a unique playthrough each time. With art from Becca Bair (Arcadian Atlas) and music from Adrian Jakubiak (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Blood and Wine), Vidar references a desaturated and depressed version of the SNES golden-era of RPGs in order to create feelings of nostalgia and a yearning for the past.
Vidar raised nearly $20,000 on Kickstarter in February, 2015. This year, Vidar was nominated for Best PC/Console by Playcrafting, and was a selected finalist at Intel’s Developer Showcase in Austin. Today, Razbury Games is also revealing Vidar’s Early Access trailer video, and announced that it will be available for demo at Playcrafting’s Winter Expo in NYC on Thursday, January 26. Read more, and pre-order the game, at www.vidarthegame.com , and add the game to your Steam wishlist on the store page.