Welcome to the Daily News!
In the press today…
upjers’ Middle Ages Game “Kapi Regnum” is Turning 10!
Renowned developer and publisher of games upjers is celebrating 10 years of Kapi Regnum (http://www.kapi-regnum.com/ ). Set in the Middle Ages, the game was one of upjers’ first economic simulations and visually inspired by the historic town of Bamberg. Timber-freamed houses, old city walls and the famous Bamberg Cathedral – this monumental setting is home to the upjers headquarters and has featured in Hollywood movies such as “The Three Musketeers” (2001). It’s only natural that it inspired the scenery the for the tycoon Kapi Regnum, where you build your own city and produce all sorts of goods – including beer – to trade with other players.
In Kapi Regnum (https://en.upjers.com/kapi-regnum), players don’t compete against each other, but play with each other. Nowadays, the concept is far from unique, but there are few games that have been able to captivate their community for as long as Kapi Regnum has. That’s what makes it special. As part of their 10th anniversary celebration, players will be able to open birthday baking dishes every day and earn fantastic prizes with the cookies they collect.
Over the years, upjers has published other tycoon games: the app Stonies is set in the Stone Age, while Space Bash allows players to get a glimpse of a far-off future. Themed tycoon games are a staple of the upjers portfolio; in addition to the ever-popular farm games (My Free Farm, My Little Farmies), there are games about animals (My Free Zoo, Wauies), the circus (My Free Circus) and even hospitals (Kapi Hospital)! Many of these are based on Kapi Regnum’s recipe for success: production, trade and expansion!
Heroes of the Storm 2.0 is now live
We’re entering a bold new era of Heroes of the Storm with Heroes 2.0. The game-changing update is now live, taking Heroes to the next level with a more powerful progression system, reward-packed Loot Chests, an innovative Overwatch-inspired Battleground, a brand-new Hero, and more.
More action. More heroes. More MOBA. Welcome to Heroes of the Storm 2.0!
Here are just a few of the new features you can experience:
- Progression System Overhaul — Player level cap has been removed and transformed into the sum of all Hero levels gained, with even bigger rewards at levelling milestones
- Loot Chests — Packages containing random assortments of nearly every awesome reward in game, including Heroes themselves, are now received through progression or purchase
- Social & Customisation Rewards — Loot Chests also contain new cosmetic rewards for Heroes, including emojis, voice lines, announcer packs, banners, and more
- New Hero: Genji — An augmented cyborg ninja whose agility and skill make him an exceptionally lethal threat, the new Overwatch-inspired Hero is an opportunistic, highly-mobile Assassin who can tear apart a weak backline
- New Battleground: Hanamura — The Overwatch-inspired two-lane Battleground is set within the sprawling grounds of Shimada Castle; Heroes must find victory through use of the map’s unique mercenaries, taking down the Mega Enforcer boss, and escorting the Payloads to victory
For details on all the changes that come to the game with Heroes 2.0, please download the fact sheets here. You can also check out our Progression 2.0 Spotlight on YouTube, and join Game Director Alan Dabiri as he walks you through Heroes of the Storm 2.0 in our Developer Update video.
Earthfall Now on Steam Early Access from Indie Developer Holospark
Holospark announced today that its 4-player co-operative shooter Earthfall is available now on Steam Early Access for $29.99. A massive crowd favorite at PAX West, South, and East, Earthfall is an action-packed first-person shooter where a ragtag bunch of survivors band together to fight back against an alien invasion in the year 2032.
Inspired by classic shooters like Left for Dead, Earthfall players employ team-based tactics to fortify holdouts and complete objectives under unrelenting attacks from alien hordes. Players work together using barricades, turrets, 3D printers, and more to defend the towns and wildernesses of the Pacific Northwest.
“We are big fans of co-op shooters and knew that we weren’t the only gamers craving that kind of action,” said Russell Williams, CEO of Holospark. “So we decided to build it ourselves — but at 2017 standards with 4K graphics, new weapons, new defense tactics, and more.”
Earthfall’s Core Features:
· Co-operative Survival for Up to Four Players – Team up with friends to survive the alien infestation. Robust multiplayer support and AI teammates stand ready to ensure a full team at any time regardless of available players.
· Build Your Defenses: Strategically deploy barricades to block the enemy hordes and deploy turrets to create the perfect alien killing zones.
· Print Your Weapons – Use advanced 3D printers found within the game to print more than twenty different weapons to use against the vicious alien enemies.
· Multiple Campaigns – Each campaign tells a story across several missions, allowing players to dive in and experience diverse settings and mission types across the Pacific Northwest.
· Close Encounters of the Brutal Kind – Deadly aliens come in all shapes and sizes, from massive waves of drone attacking to towering behemoths spitting plasma.
· Battle Unpredictable Enemies – Earthfall features a dynamic spawn system that provides new challenges each and every time you play.
· An Unfolding Story – Every campaign reveals new content and secrets behind the world of Earthfall and the cataclysmic alien invasion.
Earthfall is available on Steam Early Access today, with PlayStation 4 and Xbox One following.
Grand opening of VR-museum, where you can get back to the future.
Grand opening of VR-museum, where you can get back to the future.
As we approach the release of The Uncertain: Episode 2, ComonGames studio invites us to visit VR-museum of our future. For many our players The Uncertain: VR Experience will be another chance to dive into the game atmosphere, chance to explore game models and game items from protagonist point of view. Each character has prepared a number of phrases from the game, every item can be held in hand, and also you will be able to enjoy the music, simply changing tracks on the console screen.
Our interactive gallery will be constantly evolving with the release of every episode and will be kept filling with new characters and in-game items. And it will always be completely free.
The Uncertain: VR Experience is available for HTC Vive, Oculus version is currently in development and will be released shortly.
On top of that, you can now get Bojack as a Master but you need to own the Bojack Costume available in the TP Medal Shop! To find out more information on these updates and on DRAGONBALL XENOVERSE 2 in general, please head to the official website: www.dragonball-videogames.com .
DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE 2 has been available since October 28th 2016 in Europe, Middle-East, Australasia and Africa for the PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One, and PC.
Embark on a heroic adventure with brand new FINAL FANTASY XII THE ZODIAC AGE cinematic trailer
To watch the FINAL FANTASY XII THE ZODIAC AGE – 2017 Spring Trailer now, visit: https://youtu.be/NQACO0nUv6k
In FINAL FANTASY XII THE ZODIAC AGE, players are transported to the grand world of Ivalice where magic is commonplace and airships fill the skies. War has engulfed the kingdom of Dalmasca, leaving it in ruin and uncertainty. Princess Ashe, the only surviving heir to the Dalmascan throne, devotes herself to the resistance to liberate her country. Accompanied by Vaan, a young man who lost his family in the war, together these unlikely allies and their companions lead the fight for the freedom of their homeland.
FINAL FANTASY XII THE ZODIAC AGE will be available for the PlayStation 4 on 11th July 2017. For more information, visit: www.finalfantasyxii.com