Welcome to the Daily News!
In the press today…
If you’re just here for Nintendo Direct news, then feel free to scroll to the last entry in this post!
Cities: Skylines – Mass Transit Pulls in to the Station in May
Paradox Interactive, a publisher that sometimes goes off-track, and genuine bona-fide electrified six-car developer Colossal Order today announced that “Mass Transit”, the next expansion for Cities: Skylines, will be available on May 18th, for $12.99. Cities: Skylines – Mass Transit brings a blimp-load of new features to to the critically acclaimed city-builder, including new public transportation options such as monorails, cable-cars, ferries, and most majestic of all, blimps!
The expansion also includes new mass transit hubs, which allow passengers to easily switch between different public transportation options, showcased for the first time in this new trailer:
Cities: Skylines – Mass Transit will feature:
- The Road to Riches: Ferries, blimps, cable cars, and monorails help move your citizens around town, and get their money into your city’s coffers.
- Home is where the Hub is: The transit hub connects all your transit together, letting citizens ail lines in one building, or hop from the bus onto the ferry, or even find their way through a sprawling monorail-train-metro station.
- The Traffic Must Flow: New scenarios will test your traffic management skills and transit system vision. New road types, bridges and canals adds variety to your city, and new ways to solve its challenges. Become an expert in traffic flow, and then use that knowledge to improve your city!
- New Hats for Chirper: No expansion is complete without some new hats for fictional birds!
Learn more about Cities: Skylines – Mass Transit at:
Each of the Victor Vran worlds contains a hub – somewhere for demon hunters to lay low, relax and recharge. For Motörhead the band, that was always a pub. Heavily inspired by the Rainbow Bar & Grill, where Motörhead founding member Lemmy spent much of his time, in-game visitors to The Pub at the End of Time have the ear and advice of pub steward Lloyd Kaufman. Lloyd and Lemmy were great friends, with Lemmy even appearing in several Troma films. Brought together by their mutual love of art, Lemmy never asked for a fee to appear in a Troma movie; all he asked for was a bottle of bourbon and a couple of “Tromettes” to keep him company, because as Lloyd will tell you, “it’s very boring on set for a Troma film!”
Lloyd Kaufman, considered an institution by many film lovers, is President and Co-founder of Troma Entertainment, one of the universe’s oldest independent movie companies. He’s best known for his iconic film The Toxic Avenger as well as a long lineage of protégés and collaborators, including Matt Stone and Trey Parker, as well as James Gunn, director of Guardians of the Galaxy – a film in which Lloyd has a two-second cameo as Prisoner #2.
Achim Heidelauf, executive producer and creator of Motörhead: Through the Ages said, “Lloyd always had to be a part of this game, he and Lemmy were such great friends and it just felt right. Also, Lloyd ‘convinced’ me during our time in prison, back then we worked on the Toxic Mayhem video game. Seriously – I truly believe that you couldn’t have a Motörhead game and not include Lloyd!” When asked about the project, Lloyd Kaufman, President of Troma Entertainment said “Toxie and I love this game. Can’t stop playing it!”
A brand new adventure for Victor Vran, Motörhead: Through the Ages is a wild tour through the mythos of the loudest band in the world! Bring the mighty Snaggletooth back to life with the help of Lemmy and Lloyd Kaufman, and harness the powers of the immortal Motörhead to defeat frightening new enemies in three demon-infested worlds intertwined with the songs of the band. Motörhead: Through the Ages was conceived back in 2014, with all three members of the band having been active consultants in its design and development. Further details on the content expansion will be announced in the coming weeks ahead of its release this spring.
AlternativaPlatform, the developer of Tanki X, announces the cross-platform integration between the existing desktop version of the game and the Steam client. The game, which is currently in the open beta stage, will launch in Early Access on April 20th. We’re expecting to see even more players participating in furious battles on futuristic tanks, all sharing the same servers!
Steam launch trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMQY6dYk_Q0
«This is an important and exciting moment for the company. Steam users are very diverse in terms of demographics and game preferences, so we expect to attract a broad audience to Tanki X, – says Vladimir Beletsky, the product manager of the game. – It is really important to get feedback as we continue releasing updates and optimizing Tanki X. Knowing which are fun and which are the disturbing parts of the game, will allow us to improve it more effectively and accelerate the development process, as a result».
The tanks in Tanki X are much different from those you’re used to seeing in other titles of the same genre. These metal machines are not hiding in bushes or travelling across the map to find a single enemy. Instead, they use all of their futuristic armor technologies to get in the heart of the battle and fight for as long as it is possible. When tanks are controlled remotely, there’s no reason to worry about it being blasted. Fast maneuvers, lots of explosions and jumping off the roofs — that’s what Tanki X is about. Every player can assemble their own machine by combining hulls, turrets and modules that give special active or passive abilities. Should you play with a flamethrower and a light hull, whirling around your ‘snails’ enemies, or pick a sniper railgun and an armored body to feel protected — that’s for you to decide.
Tanki X went into open beta on September 15th, last year. Since then, the game has had hundreds of updates with optimization tweaks and new features. AlternativaPlatform believes that the current state of the game is good enough to have it launched in Early Access and invites everyone to join the heated battles — easy, quick, and free!
Niantic, Inc. and The Pokémon Company International welcome the arrival of Spring today with Pokémon GO’s next in-game celebration, the Pokémon GO Eggstravaganza. From April 13, 2017 at 9pm BST to April 20, 2017 at 9pm BST, Trainers will be able to find a greater variety of Pokémon from 2 km Eggs. Trainers will also earn more Candy for every Pokémon hatched from an Egg.
For the duration of the Eggstravaganza, players will also level up faster and gain double XP for every action they take. Lucky Eggs will also be 50% off in the in-game shop, meaning players can earn four times the XP they normally would when using a Lucky Egg.
To learn more about the Pokémon GO Eggstravaganza, please visit the official Pokémon GO blog at: PokemonGOLive.com
Scar of the Doll – On Steam April 20th with a 25% launch discount
From the scenario writer of Folklore, the critically acclaimed RPG for Playstation 3. Follow Asumi as she travels to Tokyo alone to search for her only sister whom she has mysteriously not heard from for months. Highlighted by a genuinely intelligent and unpredictable story, uncover a frightening truth in this dramatic and thrilling suspense mystery.
“We used to Fight As Children…
We Fought Over the TV…
I wanted to watch cartoons and you wanted to watch science programs…
In the end I’d always burst into tears…
And you’d always let me watch what I wanted…
Father was always busy…
It was always just the two of us…
The teddy bear you gave me that one day… I still have it. I’ve been taking good care of it.
The darkness of the night is scary…it makes me more aware of how lonely I am…”
- Truly intelligent plot, by master storyteller H. Miyashita
- Upgraded visuals and an additional scenario added for Steam
- Unpredictable tale full of fear, mystery, and suspense keeping you at the edge of your seat
- A well written cast of characters who you really feel for
Now prepare yourself…Below is EVERYTHING from Nintendo Direct…!
ARMS and Splatoon 2 Headline New Nintendo Direct Presentation
This afternoon, Nintendo unveiled new details about the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2 and ARMS games for the Nintendo Switch system, as well as Hey! PIKMIN, Ever Oasis and several new Kirby games for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems in a new streamlined format for its long-running series of Nintendo Direct presentations. The video also covered numerous third-party games, including Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition and Disgaea 5 Complete for Nintendo Switch, and Culdcept Revolt for Nintendo 3DS.
“With the recent launch of Nintendo Switch and many fun games coming out for Nintendo 3DS, this is a great time to be a Nintendo fan,” said Doug Bowser, Nintendo of America’s Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing. “From action-packed multiplayer games to platformers starring classic characters, no matter your favorite video game genre, Nintendo has you covered.”
To view the Nintendo Direct video in its entirety, visit http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct . Some of the highlights revealed in the video include:
- ARMS: One of the biggest features in the upcoming fighting game is the ability to equip two types of customizable ARMS per fighter. These ARMS range from standard gloved ARMS to curved weapons like boomerangs. Each ARM has a special attribute like fire, ice or electricity that activates when delivering a charge punch. As players fight through the game, they will earn in-game currency that can be used to play the ARM Getter, a fun mode in which they can get new ARMS for their fighters. The fast-paced game can be played in 1-v-1 matches or even 2-v-2* for more entertainingly chaotic battles. During the Nintendo Direct presentation, a new character was also revealed: the super-fast, ramen-armed Min Min. ARMS launches exclusively for Nintendo Switch on June 16. In addition, special Neon Yellow Joy-Con controllers and Joy-Con Straps will be released separately on the same day alongside a Joy-Con AA Battery Pack accessory.
- Splatoon 2: Salmon Run, a new four-player co-op mode*, is coming to the Splatoon 2 game. By teaming up with friends, players can take a part-time job battling the new Salmonid species, which the Squid Research Lab reports might even be more lethal than the Octarians! When players fall in co-op mode, teammates can revive them by inking them on the battlefield. Splatoon 2 launches exclusively for Nintendo Switch on July 21. In addition, three freshly designed individual amiibo figures for the game – a new Inkling Girl, Inkling Boy and Inkling Squid – will launch on the same day and grant special limited gear in game. By tapping these amiibo (as well as previously released Splatoon series amiibo), the figure’s character will appear in the game and befriend players. Befriend an amiibo character and it will remember favorite weapons, gear, outfits and option settings. This comes in handy when waging Turf War at a friend’s house.
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe: When the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe game launches on April 28, it will do so with more characters, karts and tracks unlocked from the start than any other game in Mario Kart history. Both traditional racing and the newly redesigned battle modes can be played in Local Wireless mode with up to eight players, and in Online** or LAN mode with up to 12 players***. For fans who want to show off their driving skills, Nintendo will be hosting two Mario Kart 8 Deluxe online tournaments in game. More details about these tournaments will be revealed in the future.
- Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers: Fans waiting to play this enhanced version of one of the most celebrated fighting games of all time won’t have to wait much longer! The Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers game launches for Nintendo Switch on May 26 and includes all of the classic characters and two new fighters: Evil Ryu and Violent Ken. Additionally, a “Way of the Hado” mode lets players throw HADOKENS with first-person motion controls, while an exciting two-player co-op mode* gives players and a friend one health bar for intense two player vs. CPU matches.
- Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition: One of the most popular creation games of all time is coming to the Nintendo Switch console. The fan-favorite Super Mario Mash-Up pack along with new multiplayer play and control options will be included in Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition when it launches in Nintendo eShop on May 11 and in stores at a later date.
- Two Sonics, Two Styles: Nintendo Switch is getting two new Sonic games in 2017. Sonic Forces is a modern 3D take on Sonic games and follows the blue hedgehog hero as he uses his stylish high-speed moves to bring down the nefarious Eggman. Sonic and a mysterious new ally will rise up when Sonic Forces launches for Nintendo Switch this winter. Sonic Mania launches this summer and features retro 2D graphics and a host of new stages, as well as some classic stages from previous games in the Sonic the Hedgehog series.
- Project Mekuru (name not final): Players that like multiplayer action games are in for a treat when Project Mekuru launches exclusively in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch this summer. The frantic and fun game finds up to four players battling locally* or online** to flip panels and blow up opponents.
- Disgaea 5 Complete: This tactical RPG franchise is beloved by many, and the definitive version of the fifth game, Disgaea 5 Complete, is coming to Nintendo Switch on May 23. Perfect for portable play, this epic RPG will launch with both standard and limited-edition versions. A free demo for the game will launch in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch soon.
- NEOGEO Masterpieces: Starting April 13, more NEOGEO classic games like Samurai Showdown IV will be available to purchase in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch. Some future NEOGEO games coming to the system include Fatal Fury and The King of Fighters ’99.
- Puyo Puyo Tetris: Two classic puzzle games face off in Puyo Puyo Tetris. The four-player* puzzle mashup game is only a little more than a week away, launching on Nintendo Switch on April 25. For people who want to try before they buy, a free demo for the game is now available.
- Monopoly for Nintendo Switch: One of the most famous board games ever is coming to Nintendo Switch. Up to six players can experience the classic game with HD Rumble features and optional shorter sessions when Monopoly for Nintendo Switch launches this fall.
- Rayman Legends: Definitive Edition: The gorgeous, award-winning platformer is coming to Nintendo Switch later this year. On Nintendo Switch, an exclusive Kung Foot experience offers a Solo Mode and tournaments for up to eight players*.
- THQ Nordic Games: The diesel-punk shoot-’em-up game Sine Mora EX, co-developed by acclaimed studio Grasshopper Manufacture, launches on Nintendo Switch this summer with local co-op and versus* modes. Also coming to Nintendo Switch from THQ Nordic Games is Battle Chasers: Nightwar, an RPG inspired by console classics and based on the Battle Chasers comic book series. Battle Chasers: Nightwar launches with timed exclusivity on Nintendo Switch in late summer.
- PAYDAY 2: In this four-player co-op game*, players band together to rise to the top of the criminal world for bigger jobs and better paydays. PAYDAY 2 launches for Nintendo Switch this winter.
- NAMCO MUSEUM: Some of the most popular games of all time are coming to Nintendo Switch as part of the NAMCO MUSEUM package. Classic games, including PAC-MAN, GALAGA and SPLATTERHOUSE, as well as multiplayer gems like ROLLING THUNDER, SKYKID and TANK FORCE, can now be played at home or on the go. Players can stop and resume gameplay at any time, and Special Challenge Modes offer ways to test players’ skills. NAMCO MUSEUM launches for Nintendo Switch this summer.
- Fate/EXTELLA: The Umbral Star: Featuring playable characters from multiple Fate productions across three distinct narrative perspectives, Fate/EXTELLA: The Umbral Star delivers the series’ most legendary showdown yet. The Nintendo Switch version will come loaded with 35 previously released paid DLC costumes, along with an exclusive new Unshackled Bride outfit. The high-octane action game will launch for Nintendo Switch in North America on July 25.
- Nintendo Switch Standalone Dock: The Nintendo Switch standalone dock accessory will be available for purchase starting on May 19. Additional docks are perfect for traveling without having to unplug the main Nintendo Switch setup, as well as switching between TVs in the same house without transporting cords.
- Hey! PIKMIN: The first Pikmin game for Nintendo 3DS finds Captain Olimar embarking on an adventure through lush worlds with his trusted Pikmin by his side. In a new type of Pikmin game, players are tasked with throwing all types of different Pikmin using the touch screen to solve puzzles, overcome challenges and defeat enemies through side-scrolling levels. The Hey! PIKMIN game launches exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems on July 28. A new Pikmin amiibo figure will also launch separately on the same day.
- Kirby’s 25th Anniversary: To celebrate the 25th anniversary of the adorable Kirby franchise, three new Kirby games are coming to Nintendo 3DS.
- Exclusive to Nintendo eShop, Team Kirby Clash Deluxe features four Kirby characters with different powers (Sword Hero, Hammer Lord, Beam Mage or Doctor Healmore) who battle giant enemies together. The free-to-start game launches … today!
- In Kirby’s Blowout Blast, players move freely through more than 25 action-packed 3D stages, inhaling enemies and powering up along the way. The game launches exclusively in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS this summer.
- Last but certainly not least, a new multiplayer* action game in the Kirby series is coming to Nintendo 3DS this holiday season. More information will be revealed about this game in the future.
- Miitopia: Fans have never played an RPG quite like Miitopia. By casting Mii characters in roles across the world of Miitopia, players set off on an adventure to battle enemies, hunt for treasure and open up new areas of the map. The turn-based battles are straight out of an RPG, but allies have a mind of their own. The relationships they build affect their performance in battle. This Nintendo 3DS RPG launches later this year.
- Ever Oasis: Grow and expand the world’s last oasis in Ever Oasis, a new action-adventure RPG from Koichi Ishii, the creator of the Mana series. The Ever Oasis game launches exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems on June 23. More information about the game will be revealed in the future.
- Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia DLC: The new Fire Emblem game might take the series back to its roots, but one modern enhancement will help expand the adventure. The downloadable content launching for Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia will be a combination of free and paid, and provides players with new maps, dungeons and challenges. More information about this DLC, including launch timing and the optional season pass, will be revealed in the future.
- BYE-BYE BOXBOY!: The epic trilogy that has taken the world of geometry by storm comes to its dramatic conclusion with the BYE-BYE BOXBOY! game, the third entry in the highly acclaimed BOXBOY! series. By rescuing new Qbabies, main character Qbby will receive one of four powers – Boxrocket, Bombox, Warpbox and Remotebox – that can help the boxy hero overcome obstacles in a new way. Tapping any of the Kirby series amiibo figures like Kirby, King Dedede, Meta Knight or Waddle Dee will permanently unlock a new colorful costume for Qbby based on that character. BYE-BYE BOXBOY! is now available exclusively in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS and at http://boxboy.nintendo.com/. A free demo for all three games in this series from HAL Laboratory, Inc. is also available in Nintendo eShop.
- Monster Hunter Stories: Prepare to embark on an RPG adventure unlike anything the Monster Hunter series has ever known. In Monster Hunter Stories, become a rider and bond with monsters to raise their potential and unleash powerful combos. Players can fly, swim and crash into new areas of the map; discover eggs to collect and hatch; and participate in turn-based battles with a party of up to five monsters. Monster Hunter Stories launches for Nintendo 3DS this fall.
- The Yo-kai are Back … Again!: Whether players missed it the first time or want to fall in love again, the definitive version of YO-KAI WATCH 2 is here! The YO-KAI WATCH 2: Psychic Specters game delivers the same full YO-KAI WATCH 2 experience, but adds new Yo-kai to befriend, exclusive quests and the ability to hop on the Hexpress to a new resort area. Players can even befriend Wicked and Boss Yo-kai from previous games, learn about the origin of the mysterious feline Yo-kai, Darknyan, and experience a revamped Blasters co-op mode to beat powerful new bosses. YO-KAI WATCH 2: Psychic Specters launches for Nintendo 3DS this fall.
- NIS America Games: NIS America is bringing two great games to Nintendo 3DS this summer. The Culdcept series is celebrating its 20thanniversary, so it’s the perfect time to launch Culdcept Revolt! The card-meets-board game launches in a standard and limited edition on Aug. 29. With RPG Maker Fes, players of all skill levels can create their own RPGs. A free download called RPG Maker Player will be available in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS. RPG Maker Player will let anyone play fan-created RPGs even if they don’t own RPG Maker Fes. RPG Maker Fes launches for Nintendo 3DS on June 27.
- New amiibo Approaching!: The final Super Smash Bros. amiibo figures are on the way! Two versions of Cloud, Corrin and Bayonetta amiibo figures will hit store shelves on July 21.
- The Legend of Zelda amiibo: Three new amiibo figures based on Link from The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword will be released on June 23.
Remember that Nintendo Switch and Nintendo 3DS feature parental controls that let adults manage the content their children can access. For more information about other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/switch/ or http://www.nintendo.com/3ds .
*Additional accessories are required for multiplayer mode and are sold separately.
**Online services require a Nintendo Account. Starting in fall 2017, some online services will also require a paid subscription. Online service availability is limited based on location.
***Eight-player Local Wireless play in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe requires at least four Switch Consoles and four Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Games; 12-player LAN or Online play in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe requires at least six Nintendo Switch consoles and six Mario Kart 8 Deluxe games.
Whew…You still here..? You made it to the end!
That’s all for news today…