Welcome to the Daily News!
In the press today…
Blackwood Crossing releases today on PS4, tomorrow for Xbox One and PC
PaperSeven, a UK-based independent game developer, has announced that their highly anticipated adventure game Blackwood Crossing launches today on PlayStation 4, and tomorrow on Xbox One and PC, priced at £12.99 / $15.99 / €15.99.
The new launch trailer can be seen here.
Blackwood Crossing explores the relationship between Scarlett and Finn, orphaned siblings growing apart as Scarlett enters adolescence. When they cross paths with a mysterious figure, a seemingly ordinary train ride evolves into a magical story of life, love and loss. The game will see players assuming the role of Scarlett, exploring ever-changing surroundings and solving a range of challenging puzzles as she tries to navigate her way through the unpredictabilities of the world around her.
“We’re thrilled to see Blackwood Crossing finally hit the stores, and hope players feel as connected to Finn and Scarlett’s story as we do”, said Alice Guy, co-founder of PaperSeven. “Our goal was to build a world with a unique character, a world grounded in surreal magic that confounds player expectations. We wanted to create a dreamlike logic, where fantastical events make perfect sense within the context of the game.”
Blackwood Crossing is the first major release from PaperSeven, an independent studio based in Brighton, England. The team is made up of former Disney Black Rock Studio developers, as well as Oliver Reid-Smith, writer of The Room.
CROTEAM LAUNCHES TWO SERIOUS SAM VR GAMES ON THE SAME DAY BECAUSE WHY THE HELL NOT
Chaos incarnate Croteam and professional hype-people Devolver Digital have launched Serious Sam VR: The First Encounter and Serious Sam VR: The Second Encounter on HTC Vive and Oculus Rift via Steam. Keen on defying normal release timelines, Croteam told us to hold their beer as they paired The First Encounter’s Early Access departure with a surprise debut from its relentlessly exhilarating follow-up The Second Encounter. Both titles are available for 25 percent off during their launch window.
Each game immerses sharpshooters into blistering clashes with hordes of enemies, placing Sam’s ridiculous arsenal into the quivering and probably sweaty palms of VR fans. Using trackpads or state-of-the-art VR teleportation trickery, players tear through waves of enemies across ancient Egypt, South America, medieval Europe and Mesopotamia.
Cleave through beasts with an over-the-top collection of firepower, including the Chainsaw, Cannon, Minigun and trusty staples like the Shotgun, Colt and Sniper Rifle. Keeping targets in your sights is as simple as pointing and shooting … so long as you can hold a steady aim throughout Serious Sam’s blazing pace of action.
The monstrous forces in both Serious Sam VR: The First Encounter and Serious Sam VR: The Second Encounter are led by Mental, a god-like being stirred from hibernation by the human race’s incessant curiosity with an ancient alien technology. Hellbent on crushing all life, Mental’s army devastates all forces in their path with the exception of Sam ‘Serious’ Stone, a lone EDF general leading a resistance as the galaxy’s last hope of salvation.
VR socialites can enlist up to 15 friends to help them blast through cooperative modes, including full multi-level campaigns, or turn acquaintances into rivals across a wealth of competitive multiplayer game types. Earn bragging rights in the hunting-themed showdown, Beast Hunt, the fight to steal and hold a score-boosting item, My Burden, or classic match types including Capture the Flag and Instant Kill. Keyboard and VR-wielding sharpshooters can face off via cross-platform battles.
MOBIUS FINAL FANTASY POWERS UP WITH NEW JOB AND ABILITY CARDS
SQUARE ENIX revealed the first batch of new cards coming to the popular mobile-RPG MOBIUS FINAL FANTASY this April, including the long-awaited return of FINAL FANTASY Record Keeper collaboration cards.
Beginning today, a number of new gameplay elements debut, including the following changes and additions:
- FINAL FANTASY Record Keeper Collaboration (April 4 – April 17): Players will have the chance to collect Firion, Warrior of Light and other limited edition cards from the Grand Summon, featuring sprite art from FINAL FANTASY Record Keeper.
- Solo Limit Break Event (April 4 – May 2): Help the Moogles defeat the monsters that threaten their sacred ground, Olympos. Fight enemies in the newly reopened Olympos stages to level up your main target-focused area attack abilities.
- Heretical Knight Job: The new warrior-type job boasts high HP and defense, as well as resistance to wind, earth and darkness elements, and can now be obtained from the greater ability summon.
- New Battles in Ring of Braves: Beginning April 6, players can now embark on new and challenging 4★ Sicarius battles, first going head to head against the fearsome Eidolon Odin. Additional 4★ quests for Ifrit, Anima and Shiva will also become available throughout the month of April.
- Multiplayer Item Exchange Updates: Moggy’s Item Exchange now features new items for players to purchase, including material cards to evolve Sicarius cards to their 5★ forms and new, powerful weapons.
- Six New Ability Cards: Players can increase their offensive power with new light- and dark-elemental ability cards, including Chaos: FFI, Emperor: FFII, Cloud of Darkness: FFIII and more.
WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT, TT GAMES AND THE LEGO GROUP INVITE PLAYERS TO JOIN THE CHASE WITH THE LAUNCH OF LEGO CITY UNDERCOVER
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, TT Games and The LEGO Group today announced the launch of LEGO CITY Undercover, an action-packed adventure where players must assume the identity of undercover police officer, Chase McCain, and track down the fiendish Rex Fury to finally put an end to his city-wide crime wave. Developed by TT Games and published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, LEGO CITY Undercover will be available in the UK on the 7th of April for the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.
LEGO CITY Undercover allows both long-time fans and newcomers alike to explore the sprawling, open-world metropolis that is LEGO CITY with more than 20 unique districts to investigate, filled with car thieves to bust, vehicles to navigate, mischievous aliens to capture, lost pigs to rescue and of course, hundreds of collectibles. For the first time, LEGO CITY Undercover will feature a two-player cooperative mode for gamers to track down criminals as a team.
“Between solving crimes in the hilarious original storyline and exploring the vast open-world city, LEGO CITY Undercover is the perfect game for friends and families to play together,” said Tom Stone, Managing Director, TT Games.
As a man of many talents, Chase McCain has eight disguises to choose from, each with unique skills and abilities to infiltrate every corner of the city and access places only he can. Chase is joined by officer Frank Honey, Chief of Police Dunby and paramedic Natalia Kowalski, who are just a few of the more than 300 unlockable and playable characters that gamers will meet throughout their adventure. With 15 special assignments to complete, the game brings together witty, original storytelling with signature LEGO® humour to create a fun-filled experience for players of all ages.
Krai Mira: Extended Cut releases today on PC. IMGN.PRO and TallTech Studio reveal the launch trailer – set off on an exciting adventure now!
Krai Mira draws inspiration from classic Fallout games, making for a great homage to the cult RPGs from way back when, and TallTech Studio doesn’t deny that titles such as Commandos or Diablo also played a crucial part in the creative process. The launch trailer unveils the Extended Cut edition with all the additions to the game – are you ready to fight for survival?
WATCH THE LAUNCH TRAILER HERE
Are you ready to face the challenge of a forgotten post-apocalyptic world full of dangers? Krai Mira: Extended Cut debuts on Steam today! Watch the launch trailer and set off on an amazing journey through a radioactive desert! This richer and bigger version of Krai Mira enhances the experience of the post-apocalyptic world: the developers have implemented interactive help and tips, a new inventory menu, and UI adjustments. Players will also find new high-level armor, advanced cures, even more dangerous creatures, and plenty of new random encounters.
You’re now able to continue your adventure after completing the main quest, and on top of that the developers have added new localizations (French, Polish, and German), tons of new lines of dialogue, and smarter AI. There are even new locations: the monastery, the catacombs, the “Lake” laboratory complex, ancient ruins, and more.
Krai Mira, a post-apocalyptic isometric RPG, takes huge inspiration from genre classics like Fallout 1 and Fallout 2. In order to survive, you’ll need to fight your enemies, explore the dangerous land, be cunning and ruthless, and expand your abilities.
- Enhanced and enriched game formula with lots of new content – additional language versions, new armor and items, interactive help, dialogues, locations, and more!
- Crucial role of combat – face bandits, looters, monsters, and fight for survival.
- Who you are? You decide! Expand the abilities of your character as you wish and you’re your companions join you.
- Deal with enemies in various ways! Sneak, set up traps, and prepare mines.
- Take your time with minigames: gambling, dice, arcade machine.
- Explore various locations in the rich universe of Krai Mira! Swamps, forests, deserts, caves, a laboratory, a monastery, ancient ruins…
- Collect weapons, armor, and unique items.
- Follow the intriguing storyline set in an open post-apocalyptic world.
- Dynamic day and night cycle allows you to immerse fully in the game experience.
Krai Mira: Extended Cut is out now, April 4th, on PC. It’s available on Steam and you can find it here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/408920/. The price is €11.99 / $12.99 / £9.99.
Tactical RPG Willy-Nilly Knight is coming!!
Double Dice Games is proud to announce that their fantasy tactical open-world RPG with turn-based battle system Willy-Nilly Knight will be available on 18 May, 2017. You will become Arthur, the reluctant hero in the middle of strange and unexplainable events. An intriguing story, a beautiful fantasy world and a plenty of charismatic NPC awaits you in this game. Furthermore the fascinating and well-balanced battle system will give pleasure for advanced tacticians.
Watch the Gameplay Trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWVUYPhw08I
· Only for true strategists. The tactical battle system of Willy-Nilly Knight will force you to show your best. Plan your actions carefully. Find the combination of skills for each situation. Choose the best options to solve every problem and you will become a true hero.
· Equipment does matter. Loot defeated enemies for better armor and weapons or craft it by yourself. Every piece of equipment could change your play-style and potential of your team.
· A beautiful, beautiful world. An art style of Willy-Nilly Knight perfectly suits for calm leisure evenings. You will be a hero of your own adventure with a pinch of humor and a dozen of Easter eggs for those fond of movies and British folklore.
For more information please visit http://willynillyknight.com/.
Willy-Nilly Knight will be available at Steam on 18 May, 2017.
Indie FPS Ballistic Overkill rushes into Steam bringing the best from Call of Duty and Overwatch in its heart.
Aquiris Game Studio is proud to announce that Ballistic Overkill, their fast-paced PvP shooter, is already available on Steam for Linux, Mac and Windows platforms. The main drive of the game is to set players to compete and specialize in their own gameplay style using one of the seven classes available. The project has undergone a 2 year development process in which a passionate and committed community was key to create a balanced PvP experience. Last but not least, accessibility has always been one of the pillars of Ballistic Overkill, available at a really affordable price (USD 11.99), it is very much optimized for low-spec rigs and offers a solid set of features, with several enhancements planned to come in the following months.
The game currently features:
- OVER 80 WEAPONS. From pistols, grenade launchers, SMGs, sniper rifles, katanas, etc.
- 7 CLASSES. Each with its particular skills, strengths and weaknesses.
- 10 MAPS. A museum, a corporate park, a mall and even an abandoned hospital and factory, Ballistic Overkill covers a wide variety of locations in its 10 maps. They come in all sizes, but all of them have their own atmosphere, personality and a design that makes them unique to play on.
- 4 GAME MODES. All maps have multiple game modes available: Team Deathmatch, Free for All, Capture Point, King of the Hill.
- STEAM MARKET INTEGRATION. With over 80 weapons ingame, there’s always a new way to kill your enemies in Ballistic Overkill. But even better, all weapons have droppable skins that you can trade and/or sell through the Steam Market system. Every couple of months, the drop Season changes, allowing players to drop different skins and seek different accessories.
- CUSTOM PRIVATE SERVER CREATION. Players can create their own servers, choose a map and game mode and invite their friends to play.
“Ballistic Overkill showcases a class-based gameplay with the smallest of entry barriers. A sleek, modern design mixed with traditional mechanics found in games like CoD and Overwatch, heavily focused on accuracy and good reflexes. Our intent to merge the best characteristics of those 2 great subgenres permits that any FPS fan immediate familiarization that lets them have fun instantly.” – Sandro Manfredini, Business Director.
What is coming to Ballistic Overkill.
Collectable Weapon Skins distributed in Seasons.
The very first season of Ballistic Overkill has just started. It features more than 180 weapon skins, divided in 5 rarity tiers: common, advanced, special, elite and legendary. Each new season brings entirely new drops and replaces the previous season, you can trade the skins in the Steam market. Players should be aware of their value in their inventory as they won’t be dropping again in future seasons.
New Game Modes.
One very important aspect of Ballistic Overkill is it’s fast paced and fun competition, we want to incentivize that type of play through game modes that are more suitable for competitive matches.
Female versions of our characters.
Everybody in our community will have nice female characters to play as well, starting with the Shadow class. Female versions for the rest of our classes will come in the future. Here you can have a sneak peak from some of them, that our artist Bruna Richter recently showed in our game presentation at Google Brazil HQ.
Costume Skins as DLCs.
8 more exclusive character costumes are now available to purchase as DLCs. They don’t just alter character models as some of them also change the entire voice pack.
Dig The Nintendo WiiU Version Of ‘Miko Mole’ Just Released In North America
Award-winning Indie game developer EnsenaSoft is proud to announce the North American release of Miko Mole, a challenging arcade adventure featuring wannabe-hero Miko on a mission to become burglar-in-thief by collecting enough gems on each level to open its exit to progress.
Launch trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nAIDFrx94M
Miko Mole contains 5 challenging environments with 40 levels per world for an impressive 200 total levels. Dig down, dig deep, and uncover precious gems for Miko, but be careful, as each level requires quick reflexes and cunning strategy to avoid the many obstacles, surprises, traps, and tricky puzzles, not to mention the many enemies such as bats, skunks, and rats. And if you get stuck, certain objects of the environment can be manipulated granting access to otherwise inaccessible areas. Miko Mole is suitable to players of all ages and experience levels.
- Stealth Action Gameplay
- Fun Surprises And Challenging Tasks
- 5 Exciting Environments
- 200 Levels To Complete
Miko Mole is available on the Nintendo eShop from here:
That’s all for today!