Welcome to the Daily News! In the press today…
Retro Inspired Alwa’s Awakening coming to Steam on February 2
After a successful Steam Greenlight campaign where it landed in the top 12, Elden Pixels brings their love letter to 8-bit classics to Steam on February 2nd, 2017. Alwa’s Awakening has everything to bring you back to your NES days – easy to learn but hard to master controls, an authentic 8-bit pixel style and a catchy chiptune soundtrack.
Use your magic staff and progress through a large interconnected world where you’ll solve puzzles, fight enemies and defeat bosses in order to help free the land of Alwa. Explore and uncover the secrets by using your platforming skills in this challenging and charming 8-bit adventure game.
– A challenging NES-inspired adventure game
– Use the magic staff to solve puzzles and defeat enemies
– Find and unlock upgrades to your items and abilities
– Explore a large interconnected map in true ‘Metroidvania’ style
– A soundtrack consisting of over 25 8-bit tracks.
Alwa’s Awakening will be available February 2nd on Steam for PC, OSX and Linux with a price of $9.99 / €9.99 or the equivalent. Codes are available now through Terminals, request yours and begin your quest today.
Find out more on the Official Website, and Follow Alwa’s Awakening on both Facebook and Twitter.
Galactic Junk League Now Available on Steam Early Access
Pixel Federation has announced that the spaceship building combat game Galactic Junk League will be available today on Steam Early Access as a free-to-play title.
The new Early Access launch trailer can be seen here.
Galactic Junk League is a spaceship building combat game that allows players to combine superior space-age technology with forgotten galactic junk to build cosmos-faring vehicles. In the game players can build and battle spaceships in literally any shape: from sleek fighters inspired by famous sci-fi franchises, to galactic babies, hot dogs and battle ready space toilets.
For the Early Access launch, the game was previously in beta, it sees a major update featuring new 7vs7 battles, 24 new pre-made ships, fancy new Steelseries ship parts and plenty of under the hood improvements such as better matchmaking, a new UI and more. You can find the full update notes here.
- Build A Ship
Players combine superior technology with forgotten galactic junk to build the spaceship of their dreams: With dozens of different building blocks and ship parts to choose from, players can experiment to find their ideal combination of power, manoeuvrability, looks and special abilities.
- Battles With Dynamic Destruction
Ships are physics based, and the damage take will affect the way they handle and how effective they are in battle. A well aimed shot can take out an enemy’s weapons, or cripple their vessel. Building smart can make all the difference when attempting to destroy a rival’s power core.
- Choose Your Battleground
Choose an arena to fight in – some are wide open, some are tricky, and some require mad pilot skills to survive. Mastering the 4 arenas and the 5 different ship classes in fighting enemies by using destructive weapons, shields and abilities is the key to victory.
- Collect Interstellar Swag
Each victory grants rewards that unlock new and more powerful building blocks to further customise a ship’s loadout, as well as visual perks for some interstellar swag.
Atelier Shallie Plus: Alchemists of the Dusk Sea releasing on Sunday for PSVita!
KOEI TECMO Europe today proudly announced Atelier Shallie Plus: Alchemists of the Dusk Sea will be available from this Friday, 20th January 2017, for the PlayStation Vita handheld entertainment system. The portable Plus version of 2015’s Atelier installment, previously exclusive to the PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system, offers a synthesist’s splendor of newly concocted content, including brand new episodes for fans to further explore the swirling mysteries of the world of Dusk, new bosses to challenge, PlayStation Vita optimisation features, additions to character costumes that allow players to accessorise their favorite characters, and a brand new message log feature, as well as all of the DLC from the original release.
Players who purchase Atelier Shallie Plus: Alchemists of the Dusk Sea within its first month of sale – either physically or digitally through the PlayStation Store – can dress up their characters in five fresh styles downloadable for free, from the PlayStation Store including the Administrator Suit, Hero Girl Costume, Cosmo Fighter Costume, Sophie Style Costume and Plachta Style Costume. A special selection of background music will also be available to download for free for early purchasers, featuring choice tracks from the long-running Atelier franchise.
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and DC Entertainment today revealed the Official Injustice 2 Story Trailer – “The Lines are Redrawn.” Witness the story set in motion in Injustice: Gods Among Us as new DC characters join the fight and shape the actions that unfold in the upcoming sequel. Injustice 2 will release for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and Xbox One in the UK on the 19th of May 2017.
To watch the official Injustice 2 Story Trailer, please visit the WB Games UK YouTube channel at: https://youtu.be/9hklKfEEsxc.
Injustice 2 is NetherRealm Studios’ super-powered sequel to the hit game Injustice: Gods Among Us that allows players to build and power up the ultimate version of their favourite DC characters. Featuring a massive selection of DC Super Heroes and Super-Villains, Injustice 2 continues the epic cinematic story introduced in Injustice: Gods Among Us as Batman and his allies work towards putting the pieces of society back together while struggling against those who want to restore Superman’s regime. In the midst of the chaos, a new threat appears that will put Earth’s existence at risk.
For more information and to pre-order the game, visit www.injustice.com , and join the Injustice 2 conversation on Facebook (www.facebook.com/injusticegame ) and Twitter (https://twitter.com/injusticegame).
- Main Scenario Quests: With the threat of the Warriors of Darkness vanquished, the Scions of the Seventh Dawn set their feet upon fate’s path and gaze upon distant horizons.
- New Alliance Raid: The hunt for Diablos continues in Dun Scaith, the latest 24-man raid and follow up to The Weeping City of Mhach. Players will venture to this island created by Mhachi sorcerers, now transformed into a haven for voidsent, with the hopes of vanquishing this powerful foe.
- Containment Bay Z1T9: Adventurers will be able to confront Zurvan, the Demon—the final pillar of the Warring Triad—in both normal and extreme difficulties.
- New High-Level Dungeons: Two new dungeons have been added for adventurers to challenge. Heroes can scale the towering Baelsar’s Wall that separates the Garlean-controlled Ala Mhigo from the rest of Eorzea, and also revisit the sacred grounds of the dragons in Sohm Al (Hard), now in disarray following the defeat of Nidhogg.
- New Side Quests: Hildibrand—agent of enquiry, inspector extraordinaire—returns for further adventures as he clashes with the Grand Sers to rescue the young Gigi. Additionally, new mysteries confront the students of Saint Endalim’s Scholasticate—players must work with Inspector Briardien to uncover the culprit behind chaos that plagues the student body.
- Garo Collaboration and PvP Updates: New PvP gear and mounts, modeled after character designs from the hit Japanese TV series Garo, will make their debut. Furthermore, new changes to PvP gameplay will allow players to duel opponents with synced item levels, as well as participate in the massive Frontline battles without being restricted to their Grand Company’s allegiance.
- Party Finder Updates: Adventurers will now be able to join forces with adventurers from other Worlds to take down the foes of Eorzea using the expanded Party Finder. Additionally, the system will allow players to create parties which their friends can join using a special password.
- Egi Glamours: Through completion of a new quest, summoners will now be able to change the appearance of their egi through a special text command. This initial update includes Emerald, Topaz, and Ruby Carbuncle models as glamour options, with more scheduled for future patches.
In addition to the above, player can also enjoy numerous updates to housing, including new housing exteriors, additions to the aquarium, and a number of new paintings to add that special touch to any room. Finally, new hairstyles, minions, emotes, and mounts will add even more to the ever-growing realm of Eorzea.
Continued content updates are planned following the release of Patch 3.5, which will feature an entirely revamped version of The Diadem exploratory missions, a new map for the Feast PvP, and new Disciple of the Land/Hand content. Players may also look forward to the release of Part 2 of Patch 3.5, tentatively scheduled for release in March, which will bring with it the conclusion of the Heavensward main scenario story.
Further details on Patch 3.5, The Far Edge of Fate, are available here.