Empires in Ruins is a story-driven hybrid of 4X and Tower Defense. In the role of the alcoholic Sergeant Heimer, the player leads the military campaign to quell the rebellion in the Western Marches, re-establish the Crown control and fight back an invasion. Manage your provinces in a quite peculiar 4X style, fight your battles in a tactical hybrid of Tower Defense and RTS.
Hammer and Ravens are bringing their very first publicly playable battle beta to EGX and will celebrate their first public event with an exclusive giveaway of handcraft tower models from the game! Empire In Ruins presents a new take at strategy by merging the Tower Defense genre’s detailed, recognizable gameplay with elements of Turn-Based Empire Management, in a hybrid never before seen. Conquer, build, defend and lead the grumpy Sgt. Hans Heimer in his own personal vendetta against “the system”.
Key features of Empire in Ruins consist of:
- Plot driven campaign – betrayals, diplomacy and nasty twists
- Turn based strategy – quell the rebellion, kick back the enemy and restore the law.
- Empire management – conquer back the provinces, strengthen your command, chose your best governors and grant your military campaign a steady flow of resources
- Tower defense-based combat – fight your battles in a new, advanced tower defense style that winks at advanced real time strategy
- Arcade play mode. Because… FIGHT!
- Low brow humor, low brow humor everywhere! – Don’t smile, it’s punishable.
Be sure to check out Empire in Ruins at EGX!