Bandai Namco today announced that the upcoming The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan will feature a multiplayer mode both online and offline. The new multiplayer trailer can be viewed below.
The Dark Pictures Anthology is set to be a series of narrative driven horror games developed by Supermassive Games – the studio which brought us Until Dawn. It has been confirmed that every game in the series, starting with Man of Medan, will feature two multiplayer modes as well as the standard single player experience. The two multiplayer modes will be known as ‘Shared Story Mode’ and ‘Movie Night Mode’.
Shared Story Mode
- Share your story simultaneously with a friend in 2 Player online co-op
- Both players explore the world, make choices and actions that affect the outcome of the story and the fate of the characters you are playing
- Play through scenes from a different perspective to the single-player experience, sometimes together, sometimes apart in totally separate scenes revealing new information, locations and scares
- The decisions you and your friend make could be the one thing that keeps them all alive…
Movie Night Mode
- Play locally in a group of up to 5 players with one controller, pass the pad and play the character of your choice in turn
- Each player takes charge of the movement, decisions and choices of one of the five main characters
- Will you make decisions just to save your own character? Or try and keep everyone else alive?
- At the end of your playthrough, your actions and impacts throughout the playthrough will be judged – with achievements & rewards for each player
Pete Samuels, Executive Producer and Series Director for The Dark Pictures Anthology at Supermassive Games had this to say: “We’re delighted to reveal two very different multiplayer modes ahead of the launch of the first title in The Dark Pictures Anthology. We know from fan reactions to Until Dawn, that multiplayer was a massively desired feature for Man of Medan, so we’re sure players will love tackling the horrors of the world from new perspectives”
“We designed Man of Medan, and every game in The Dark Pictures Anthology, from the very beginning with both single and multiplayer in mind. Now, in Shared Story Mode, players can experience two sides of the same scenes from completely different views – the actions of each shaping the story…and the fate…of the other.”
The Dark Pictures Anthology – Man of Medan will be released on 30th August and is available to pre-order now on PlayStation 4, XBox One and PC. Those that pre-order will receive early access to the Curator’s Cut from launch. This mode, available once players have completed the game, features scenes playable from the other characters’ perspective, with brand new choices and decisions to make. You’ll be replaying the whole story from different viewpoints and influencing the outcomes in different ways. The Curator’s Cut will subsequently be available for free at a later date for all players.Become a Patron!