Welcome to the Daily News!
In the press today…
Yooka-Laylee Out Now!
Award-winning veteran games developer and international games label Team17 and Playtonic Games, the UK studio formed by veterans of the platforming genre, are excited to announce that Yooka-Laylee is out now for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, Mac and Linux!
To celebrate a new launch trailer is now available watch.
Launch trailer: https://youtu.be/ZycYt8stLUQ
Yooka-Laylee is an all-new open-world platformer from genre veterans Playtonic! Explore huge, beautiful worlds, meet (and beat) an unforgettable cast of characters and horde a vault-load of shiny collectibles as buddy-duo Yooka (the green one) and Laylee (the wisecracking bat with the big nose) embark on an epic adventure to thwart corporate creep Capital B and his devious scheme to absorb all the world’s books… and convert them into pure profit!
Using their arsenal of special moves, our heroes will tackle a huge variety of puzzles and platforming challenges in their search for Pagies, the golden bounty used to unlock — and expand — stunning new worlds, each jammed to the gills with oddball characters, hulking bosses, minecart challenges, retro-tastic arcade games, quiz shows, multiplayer games… and much more!
- 5 engrossing worlds that can be explored and expanded. Expanding a world adds in new areas to explore, new characters to meet and even a boss to defeat! Visit Tribalstack Tropics, Glitterglaze Glacier, Moodymaze Marsh, Capital Cashino and Galleon Galaxy.
- A colourful hub world to navigate. Start off in Shipwreck Creek, Yooka and Laylee’s home, moving into Hivory Towers, pesky Capital B’s lair!
- 8 unique local multiplayer arcade games for up to four players
- Bee-Team! Connect an additional control to buddy up. Taking control of the Bee Team, the second player can grab quills and collect and store butterflies for when Yooka and Laylee are in need of a boost
- A dream soundtrack. Grant Kirkhope (Banjo-Kazooie) and David Wise (Donkey Kong Country) combine for a melodic masterpiece! Seriously, clean out your ears – they’re in for a treat.
Yooka-Laylee is out now for Xbox One from the Xbox Store, PlayStation 4 via the PlayStation Store, and for PC, Mac and Linux from either Steam or GOG. A boxed version is also available for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One from select retailers. A Nintendo Switch version is also in development.
Assets are available to download from: http://bit.ly/PressKitTeam17
THE EXTREME GLOBAL SPORT OF RALLYCROSS HURTLES INTO PROJECT CARS
Rallycross, one of the world’s most thrilling and action-packed motorsports, will come fully-loaded to Project CARS 2 with an array of licensed cars and tracks in late 2017. Rallycross combines the sideways dirt racing action of rally with the highspeed corner carving action of tarmac racing, all taking place within a closed course with 70-foot jumps, obstacles, and with other drivers in close proximity.
Merging the authentic physics, unsurpassed visual fidelity, and superior driving dynamics synonymous with the Project CARS franchise along with a technical partnership with one of the sport’s most legendary teams, OMSE rallycross. The development team at Slightly Mad Studios signed real-world Honda Factory Global Rallycross racing stars Mitchell deJong and Oliver Eriksson as consultants to ensure the sport is presented in the most accurate and realistic manner possible. Project CARS 2 drivers will experience the rush of driving purpose-built rallycross cars such as Mitchell and Oliver’s Honda Red Bull GRC Civic Coupe on scanned real-world rallycross tracks including US-based DirtFish and Daytona, Lånkebanen in Norway, and the track where it all began half-a-century ago—Lydden Hill in the UK.
Race over to the BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America press FTP site now to grab today’s new Project CARS 2 screenshots and b-roll. A new trailer featuring the intense Rallycross action found in Project CARS 2 can be accessed and embedded from the following YouTube link: https://youtu.be/f70OOqeJB8o
Project CARS 2 is racing towards its launch later this year on the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PCs via STEAM.
Critically-Acclaimed Farming RPG Game Stardew Valley Collector’s Edition Now Available For PS4 And Xbox One
Today, award-winning video game publisher and distributor 505 Games and independent development studio ConcernedApe released the digitally successful, indie farming role-playing game (RPG) Stardew Valley Collector’s Edition, regarded as one of the BEST-SELLING games on Steam with more than one million copies sold in the first two months. Now available to purchase for $29.99 at retail locations throughout North America for the PS4 and Xbox One, the game will be also available in the UK, Australia, New Zealand, the Middle East, the Netherlands and Scandinavia on April 13.
“It’s been incredible to watch such a fantastic and supportive community form around Stardew Valley – this charming country life RPG created by a solo developer has now sold over two million copies and received over 50,000 positive player reviews,” said Molly Carroll, Marketing Manager at Chucklefish. “We’re very excited to help bring Stardew Valley to even more gamers worldwide with the retail release of Stardew Valley Collector’s Edition.”
Stardew Valley Collector’s Edition lets players reap the benefits of daylight savings time by taking ownership of a rickety farm where they’ll raise livestock, plant crops, mine for ores and expand the farm while maneuvering through social activities to bring success to Stardew Valley.
The Stardew Valley Collector’s Edition and its farm-tastic bundle of goodies includes:
- The full Stardew Valley game
- A disc containing the Collector’s Edition Soundtrack featuring 33 hand-picked tracks
- Exclusive Full Printed Map of Stardew Valley
- A Mini-Guidebook created by the artist and author of the full guidebook, Kari Fry
Stardew Valley Collector’s Edition can be purchased at retail locations for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in North America for $29.99. The game will be also available in UK, Australia, New Zealand, the Middle East, the Netherlands and Scandinavia on April 13.
New Stardew Valley trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWMN-F3MFIg
EMERGING NEW GAME GENRE COMES TO PC WITH EARLY ACCESS LAUNCH OF BRAWL OF AGES
S2 Games, creators of renowned massively-multiplayer online games Heroes of Newerth and Strife, and BNA Studios today revealed Brawl of Ages, a free-to-play online multiplayer collectible card arena game that draws inspiration from previous S2 Games titles. Starting today the game is now available to all players as a free-to-play Early Access title for Windows PC, Mac and Linux via Steam.
Brawl of Ages is a real-time multiplayer battle game that combines the quick competitiveness and on-the-fly strategy of the Collectible Card Arena (CCA) genre with the customization and personalization only possible in a PC game. With simple core gameplay that is easy to understand, Brawl of Ages branches out with endless strategic options that rewards players who take the time to focus on skill and timing, pitting opponents against each other in intense head-to-head matches with a variety of diverse and powerful cards at their disposal.
“As we developed Brawl of Ages and took feedback from the closed beta, we were inspired by several RTS, MOBA, RPG and Tower Defense games as we wanted to hit the key features of these games with none of the drawbacks typically found in these genres,” said Marc DeForest, CEO of S2 Games. “Brawl of Ages was designed with casual and competitive gamers in mind so players can quickly enjoy an intense action-strategy game or dig deeper and create unique decks and strategies as they rank up over time.”
Featuring stylized characters from previous S2 Games titles, Brawl of Ages does away with restrictive time-gating barriers for slow progression such as chest timers, card leveling and premium-only cards, replacing them with deep customization, manipulatable units and free camera control.
In Brawl of Ages, players build a deck of 10 cards from a broad selection of unique card types. These range from units and spells that attack enemies to totems and buildings that defend a player’s base. When ready, two opponents are dropped into a real-time battle arena – equipped with 20 Mana to summon cards, two lane towers and a main tower for defense – divided by water with two lanes leading to their individual bases. By timing the use of their cards to defend and attack at once, players can win the match, earn currency to unlock new cards and rank up to become the best Brawl of Ages battler.
Brawl of Ages’ key features also include:
- Three Distinct Multiplayer Modes
- Ladder mode – Compete against other players and work up the season-based ladder standings. Special tournaments and prizes will be set after the initial pre-season for the leaders of the ladder.
- Conquest mode – Players must win ten times before three losses to win big prizes, with each victory bringing better prizes. Players get one free Conquest mode entry every 24 hours.
- Brawl Club – Players can create and join Clubs of up to 50 players. Here they can communicate with text and voice chat, challenge each other, rank up the Club Ladder and earn additional content.
- Big Brawl Boards – By collecting free spins from playing in Standard or Conquest mode, players can spin the Big Brawl Board, a board with 14 random items to win with each spin. Higher quality boards can be purchased with gems, Brawl of Ages’ premium currency.
- Robust Crafting System – During gameplay, players collect Valor which is used to craft and unlock cards for their decks. Valor can be earned from regular play and the Big Brawls Board
Brawl of Ages is now available to download as a free-to-play (with microtransactions) Early Access title on Steam. The game will see a commercial launch, with new features, modes and other content, in 2017. For more information on Brawl of Ages, visit www.brawlofages.com .
GUIDED BY THE LIGHT – AERIAL ACTION AND MUSIC FUSE INTO AAERO – AVAILABLE ON XBOX ONE, PLAYSTATION®4 AND STEAM TODAY
Talented indie studio Mad Fellows Games, in cooperation with Reverb Triple XP, are proud today to release Aaero, a music-fueled, aerial-combat game. Available now for Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, the PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system, and Steam, Aaero combines shooting, flying, mesmerizing visuals and amazing enemy encounters into a beat-powered, kinetic experience like no other. Featuring artists Noisia, Flux Pavilion, Katy B, The Prototypes, Neosignal and many more, Aaero is sure to keep all the player’s senses engaged while soaring through distinctly designed levels crafted to deliver a fantastic aural and visual experience.
To commemorate the launch of the game, Aaero is currently available for the limited promotional price of $11.99 USD, a 20% discount off the regular $14.99 USD price.
To celebrate today’s launch of Aaero, we invite you to check out iKasperr as he streams tons of furious Aaero action today from 6PM-9PM PST!
“The journey of developing Aaero has been an incredible experience of lows and highs and the ultimate high is launching the game today,”stated Paul Norris, Co-Founder and Creative Director of Mad Fellows Games. “I want to thank all our supporters, Kickstarter backers, and anyone who enjoyed playing the game throughout this whole development process. I’m really proud that we delivered an original video game that synthesizes music with gameplay mechanics to create a truly different and – in my opinion – very cool experience.”
Independent two-man team Mad Fellows bring you Aaero, game that synergizes high-speed sci-fi shooting action with immersive music elements to deliver an amazing audio-visual experience. Speed through stunning, stylized environments as you trace ribbons of light, all the while releasing the energy in the game’s music. Encounter strange enemies, evade incoming obstacles, and overcome epic boss battles – all driven by an incredible licensed soundtrack from Noisia, Flux Pavilion, Katy B, The Prototypes, Neosignal and many more.
Aaero Key Features
- Pilot your craft through dynamic environments, negotiating obstacles and battling enemies, all synced to a banging soundtrack.
- Licensed music from the superstars of the EDM genre including Noisia, Flux Pavilion, Katy B, Neosignal, Astronaut, Barely Alive and many more.
- Soar through 15 different levels, each painstakingly crafted by the music in mind to create vivid soundscapes
- Encounter mammoth boss creatures and use strategic shooting and music energy to defeat these monstrosities.
- Ground-breaking technology that pulls freeform gameplay into perfect time with the music.
- Four game modes – Normal, Advanced, Master and Chill-out (a relaxed, practice-focused mode)
- Online leaderboards – Compete for the top score on each level
Aaero is now available on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 system, and PC via Steam. To learn more about Aaero, please visit www.madfellowsgames.com and follow its development on Twitter @MadFellowsGames for all the latest developer updates and news.
That’s all for the news today!