Everything’s better with friends, playing games but also publishing them
Jasper Oprel & Indiana-Jonas, the team behind Surmount, and co-publishing team popagenda are excited to bring back an updated demo for their climbing adventure right in time for the Steam Remote Play Together Fest, a festival highlighting local multiplayer playable over streaming. Grab a friend and get climbing or check out the demo on your Steam Deck at 60 fps!
In addition to the news of the demo, both teams are thrilled to announce a co-publishing partnership. “Since announcing our first co-publishing initiative with Henry Halfhead last year, we’ve decided to expand our efforts with this second title.” said Geneviève St-Onge, CEO at popagenda. “We’ve been working with Jonas and Jasper for over a year now, and Surmount continues to surprise and delight our team. After six years of operating as a service-based agency, this new business model will allow us and the development team more flexibility than ever.”
Surmount will be coming out soon on PC & Consoles. More news on that shortly!
Surmount is a free-flowing, physics-based platforming adventure where you’ll experience the joys of mountain climbing. Make your perilous ascent through the various handcrafted and procedurally generated challenges of Mount Om, all the while following a silly story with eccentric folks along the way. Master your own unique style of climbing either alone or with a friend, upgrade and customize your climber to stand a better chance, and maybe just maybe, you’ll be the first ever to reach the top!
- An approachable physics based climbing system that is endlessly replayable and not overly punishing
- A mix of handmade levels and large procedurally generated areas to overcome.
- On your way to the top of Mount Om, you’ll meet a variety of eccentric characters, all with their own reason to journey to the top.
- Unlock a variety of permanent and equipable items that will boost your stats.
- Be the most fashionable climber out there by customizing your character’s look.
- Play alone or tethered to a friend in local co-op.
For more information on Surmount, visit https://surmountgame.com/.