Now this news piece is written by everyone favorite Respawning giant Will, and do you know what? For a self confessed sci-fi nerd, I’m not a Doctor Who fan, not sure what it is but assume its mostly because I hate time travel as a storytelling medium and crutch but having had a gander at this trailer? Colour me intrigued! Check out the details below and see what you think!
Revealed today in the “Across Time and Space – Gameplay Trailer”, players will visit Victorian London, escape from a space-stranded cruiser and explore an Egyptian temple as they operate the TARDIS across the Doctor Who universe, under guidance from the Doctor herself, voiced by Jodie Whittaker.
With multiple references to the series and its 55-year history, Doctor Who: The Edge of Time combines action, adventure and sci-fi, equipping players with the Sonic Screwdriver to solve mind-bending puzzles, escape treacherous environments and come face-to-face with classic Doctor Who monsters, all within virtual reality. Escape from Weeping Angels, face off against brand-new creatures and pilot a Dalek shell to harness its fearsome weaponry in a thrilling and immersive single-player adventure!
Also available to view now is the latest ‘Developer Diary’ in which Maze Theory share their favourite moments from the game and the work that goes into translating the Doctor Who universe into virtual reality.
- Become part of Doctor Who – a thrilling single-player adventure developed by Sony London alumni (VR Worlds, The London Heist, Blood and Truth), Doctor Who: The Edge Of Time will immerse players in Doctor Who like never before as they travel across space and time to save reality.
- Wield the Sonic Screwdriver – with exhilarating moment-to-moment gameplay, wield the Sonic Screwdriver to solve fiendish puzzles and traverse a dangerous universe full of challenges, enemies and wonder.
- Stunning cinematic visuals – from the Dalekanium of a Dalek’s shell, to the stone-cold terror of a Weeping Angel, experience stunning visuals that bring the show to life!
- Doctor Who talent – featuring Jodie Whittaker as the voice of the Doctor and Nicholas Briggs as the voice of the Daleks, in a story written by Gavin Collinson, Digital Producer for Doctor Who and Writer
- Oculus Quest support – experience the next level of immersion with Oculus Quest, as you explore the Doctor Who universe without boundaries in untethered virtual reality
Developed by immersive entertainment studio Maze Theory, led by former Activision and PlayStation veterans, Doctor Who: The Edge Of Time will launch on PlayStation VR, Oculus Rift, Oculus Quest, HTC Vive and HTC Vive Cosmos. Stay tuned!