Today, SQUARE ENIX released new details focused on two exciting modes – the “Temple of Recollection” and Challenge Mode – that will test the skills and abilities of DRAGON QUEST fans and gamers in the upcoming action role-playing game, Infinity Strash: DRAGON QUEST The Adventure of Dai. Experience the incredible retelling of the DRAGON QUEST The Adventure of Dai animated series’ Sovereign Rock Castle arc in Infinity Strash: DRAGON QUEST The Adventure of Dai when the game launches September 28 on PS5™, PS4™, Xbox Series X|S™, Nintendo Switch and PC via Steam® and the Microsoft Store.
Enter the “Temple of Recollection”, a unique dungeon experience where players will encounter battles that escalate in difficulty with each room visited and earn a variety of rewards once victory is claimed. The “Temple of Recollection”, is a special dungeon where the monsters and hidden traps change each playthrough, offering an increasingly challenging battle experience for those willing to risk it all.
The “Temple of Recollection” is unlocked by progressing through Story Mode. Once inside, players will meet the Keeper of Memories who tasks you with journeying into the depths. But be warned, each time a Dai enters the “Temple of Recollection” the difficulty will start at level 1 and players can only bring the party members and Bond Memories collected thus far in the Story Mode.
In the “Temple of Recollection”, players will:
- Strengthen Party Skills, Spells, and Bond Memories: Tackle a variety of unique challenges and visit the Temple in between playing the Story Mode to strengthen your party and experience increasingly difficult encounters!
- Overcome a Variety of “Traps”: Each of the rooms in the Temple offers a wide variety of “traps” to challenge players. “Traps” are sometimes triggered during battles with monsters. Numerous “traps“, including one that can shoot out flames and deal some damage to Dai and his party, block the way!
- Battle Hordes of Monsters and Powerful Enemies: In addition to battling hordes of monsters, players may encounter powerful versions of enemies fought in Story Mode!
- Risk It All and Go Deeper into the Temple: Once a certain number of rooms are conquered, players can choose to explore further or claim the rewards obtained so far. But beware! If defeated, all of the rewards will be lost.
Additionally, after completing the full Story Mode, players will unlock the “Challenge Mode”. “Challenge Mode” offers players even stronger opponents to fight from Story Mode. This mode puts player’s skills to the ultimate test. Prepare to experience remixed versions of battles faced in the Story Mode as Dai and his fellow Disciples of Avan battle against stronger versions of the Six Legion Commanders of the Dark Lord and more.
Infinity Strash: DRAGON QUEST The Adventure of Dai is now available for digital pre-orders and pre-purchase on PS5™, PS4™, Xbox Series X|S™, Nintendo Switch and PC via Steam® and the Microsoft Store. Players who pre-order or pre-purchase the game will also receive Dai’s special outfit “Legendary Hero” and the Bond Memory “The Hero’s Tutor.”
Fans who purchase the Digital Deluxe Edition will also receive the full game and the following bonus items:
- Popp’s special outfit: “Legendary Mage – Popp Outfit” based on the Mage from Dragon Quest III: The Seeds of Salvation.
- Maam’s special outfit: “Legendary Priest – Maam Oufit (Warrior Priest)” based on the Priest from Dragon Quest III: The Seeds of Salvation.
- Maam’s special outfit: “Legendary Martial Artist – Maam Outfit (Martial Artist)” based on the Martial Artist from Dragon Quest III: The Seeds of Salvation.
- Hyunckel’s special outfit: “Legendary Swordsman — Hyunckel Outfit (Dark Armour Blade)” based on the Swordsman from Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen.
- Hyunckel’s special outfit: “Legendary Warrior – Hyunckel Outfit (Dark Armour Spear)” based on the Warrior from Dragon Quest III: The Seeds of Salvation.
*Available individually or as part of the Digital Deluxe Edition.