In a recent blog post from the fine folks over at Google Stadia, it was confirmed that more than 120 games are coming throughout 2020 as well adding 4K support and additional android phone support. The following is the full blog post.
When Stadia launched in November, we delivered a great gaming experience for players, and we continue to work toward our long-term vision for the future of gaming. Stadia is an evolving platform, and we’ve been busy in the two months since launch adding great content, features and ways to play. Among others, we have:
- Added more great games to the Stadia library, including six titles to Stadia Pro
- Welcomed Typhoon Studios to our Stadia Games and Entertainment family
- Updated all Chromecast Ultras so you can play Stadia on more screens
- Rolled out more features to Stadia including Google Assistant functionality and Achievements
- Delivered a multiplayer first for gamers with Stream Connect’s debut in Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint
- Surprised Stadia founders with a second buddy pass to game with more of their friends.
We have a lot more planned and will continue to work hard toward delighting gamers with our vision for Stadia. Looking at our upcoming lineup, we are tracking more than 120 games coming to Stadia in 2020, and are targeting more than ten games in the first half of this year alone that will be only available on Stadia when they launch. We’re working with our partners to share more on those games soon.
Gamers can expect more features coming to Stadia in Q1 and beyond. A key benefit of our platform is that we can add these features without any updates or downloads, and we’re starting to roll out the following over the next three months:
- Support for 4k gaming on the Web
- Add further Assistant functionality when playing on the Web
- Support additional Android Phones
- Wireless gameplay on the Web through the Stadia controller
There is a lot more in store for this year. In the meantime, we hope gamers are gearing up for some great new games and experiences. Toward the end of this month, we will share more about the games coming to Stadia Pro in February.
We appreciate all of the support and feedback we’ve had with our earliest fans, and we hope they’re as excited about 2020 as we are.Become a Patron!