Hunters near and far, the first major free update for Monster Hunter: World has been unveiled, and with it, a range of new improvements, bugfixes and content!
Deviljho & new Turf Wars
With this new update, coming March 22nd, the legendary dinosaur Deviljho comes to invade your hunts and generally ruin your life! Functioning in many the same ways as the infamous Bazelguese, Deviljho has a chance of invading any 6-Star, 7-Star, High Rank Quest or Tempered Investigation after investigating the ??? Rathian Tracks, coming packed with it’s traditional moveset and some new abilities!
One of these new abilities include a variety of unique Turf Wars that are being added to the game, which pits Deviljho against monsters such as Kulu Ya-Ku, Great Jagras and even the Bazelguese, where Deviljho clamps the monster in it’s monstrous jaws, gains a massive attack boost, and can throw the poor monster at you as an impromptu projectile weapon… And yes, Bazelguese will spread it’s explosive scales and cause a large explosion when thrown by Deviljho. Finally, Deviljho has the unique ability to retaliate when caught in pitfall traps, so keep clear and be careful if he’s wiggling his little arms around in a hole!!
Along with Deviljho, a large range of new equipment is included, including two new armour sets and a new late-game weapon for each class.
Weapon Changes, Bug Fixes and Quality of Life Changes
First off… The weapon changes:
- Charged Slash II – Damage Increased
- Charged Slash III – Damage Increased
- Strong Charged Slash II – Damage Increased
- Strong Charged Slash III – Damage Increased
- Foresight Slash – Time window to successfully trigger increased
- Foresight Slash – Hitbox to successfully trigger increased
- Foresight Slash – Damage hitbox increased
- Foresight Slash – Increased the angle that the player can control the direction of the attack
- Spirit Helm Breaker – (Bug Fix) After use, you should now properly be immune to knockbacks until you land on the ground
Sword & Shield
- Roundslash – Damage increased
- Misc – Wedge Beetles can now be used when using the slinger with your weapon drawn
- Demon Gauge – Can now be increased by Demon Mode roundslashes and Demon Flurry Rush
- Demon Mode – (Bug Fix) Fixed a bug where you could not cancel Demon Mode when transitioning from a Demon Dodge
- Charge Tier 2 – Charged Upswing stun values increased
- Charge Tier 2 – Charged Brutal Upswing stun values increased
- Charge Tier 3 – Charged Big Bang stun values increased
- Encore – The Encore effect for the Self-Improvement melody now also increases your attack power (The effect is now “Attack Up” + “Deflected Attack Prevention”)
- Counter-Thrust – Temporary knockback negation during a successful counter-thrust
- Shelling – Damage parameters increased when Sharpness is Yellow or worse
- Wyvern’s Fire / Wyrmstake Cannon – Sharpness loss alleviated for all Wyrmstake Cannon and Wyvern’s Fire attacks
- Wyrmstake Cannon – Damage increased
- Wyvern’s Fire – Damage increased
- Zero Sum Discharge – Level 4 Earplugs effect during use
- It is now possible to chain the beginning of Sword: Jumping Element Discharge into Zero Sum Discharge
- Zero Sum Discharge Finisher – Damage increased
- Mounted Zero Sum Discharge Finisher – No longer causes Sharpness loss
- Zero Sum Discharge – (Bug Fix) After use, you should now properly be immune to knockback until you land on the ground
- Attack power increases from effects other than that of the Artillery skill (For the explosions on Impact Phials) were adjusted
- Axe: Super Amped Element Discharge – Stun values decreased for Impact Phials
- Phial stun values increased for all attacks other than Axe: Super Amped Element Discharge
- Element values increased for all attack phials
- Axe: Super Amped Element Discharge – Power Element Phial explosions spaced closer together to make them easier to hit
- Improved the effect of the attack power increase for Red / White and Red / White / Orange extract hybrid effects
- Extract effect times increased overall
- Extract effect times no longer decrease while mounting a monster
- Dashing Shot – (Bug Fix) Fixed a bug where the Spread / Power Shots skill effect was applied twice
- Dragon Piercer – (Bug Fix) Fixed a bug where you could shoot past the attack’s angle limitations. Now shoots straight ahead of the player, regardless of the camera angle, when shot with the camera angle past the attack’s angle limitations
- No changes made
- No changes made
- Optimised data processing to reduce loading times
- Added the “Text Size” setting for changing subtitle text size, under Start Menu > Options > Game Settings
- Added “Return to Gathering Hub” (Single Player) and “Disband & Return to the Gathering Hub” (Multiplayer) to the options for “Select Return Destination” after a quest
- Attacks from allies no longer interrupt you during the carving animation. Additionally players are now immune to all hit reactions, including bombs, during carving animations after quest completion
- Appearance Ticket to be implemented, and given once for free, which allows you to re-do your Character & Palico’s gender and appearance
- New hairstyles added for both Male & Female characters
Spring Event & Mega Man Equipment!
To go with the new event, the Gathering Hall has gotten a springtime redecoration! NPC’s also have brand new Spring outfits (That can be toggled), most previously released event quests will be made available, and all players receive double Lucky Vouchers per login bonus!
On-top of this, the winner of the “Design a Weapon” competition was announced, alongside their submission of a rocket-powered Greatsword! This Greatword’s rocket engines charge brighter and burn more the further you charge your attack. This equipment will be available for High Rank players between 6th April and 20th April.
Additionally, the release date for the Palico Mega Man equipment was announced, launching 13th April!!
Tell us what you think of these content updates down below!!!