Welcome to the Daily News!
In the press today…
Total War: SHOGUN 2 and Total War: SHOGUN 2 – Fall of the Samurai Coming to Linux on 23rd May
Feral Interactive today announced that the historical strategy games Total War: SHOGUN 2 and the standalone expansion Total War: SHOGUN 2 – Fall of the Samurai will be released for Linux on 23rd May. Developed by Creative Assembly and published by SEGA for Windows, these are the latest instalments in the critically-acclaimed Total War series to be brought to Linux by Feral, following Empire, Medieval II and Total War: WARHAMMER.
Total War: SHOGUN 2 places the series’ celebrated gameplay elements of real-time battle tactics and turn-based political strategy against the dramatic backdrop of the Sengoku, or ‘Warring States’ period of 16th century Japan. As leader of one of nine competing clans, players will attempt to dominate Japan and become shogun, unifying the country under one undisputed ruler.
Set in the 19th century, Total War: SHOGUN 2 – Fall of the Samurai thrusts players into a struggle for the soul of Japan as isolationist Imperial forces clash with those loyal to the more outward-looking shogunate. Players will choose a side and deploy their mastery of tactics and strategy as industrialised warfare, railways and urgent political upheaval reshape the country as it hurtles into a turbulent modern age.
Multiplayer features online battles, co-operative campaigns, and “Avatar Conquest” mode, in which players team up to form clans and fight alongside their allies to claim territories on unique campaign maps. Online multiplayer will be Linux vs Linux upon launch, and Feral is working on a patch that will enable macOS vs Linux in the near future.
Both games will be available as premium versions, the Total War: SHOGUN 2 Collection and the Total War: SHOGUN 2 – Fall of the Samurai Collection, which will contain all additional content for each game. The Collections will be released alongside the base games on 23rd May.
“Total War: SHOGUN 2 and Fall of the Samurai use their historical source material to present players with exciting strategic challenges,” said David Stephen, Managing Director of Feral Interactive. “Whether they’re mastering authentic samurai battle tactics or keeping up with the fast-advancing military technology of the 19th century, players will need skill, ingenuity and daring to prevail.”
Available through the Feral Store and Steam, the pricing will be as follows:
- Total War: SHOGUN 2 – $29.99/£24.99/29,99€
- Total War: SHOGUN 2 – Fall of the Samurai – $29.99/£24.99/29,99€
- Total War: SHOGUN 2 Collection – $49.99/£39.99/44,99€
- Total War: SHOGUN 2 – Fall of the Samurai Collection $39.99/£29.99/34,99€
System requirements will be confirmed closer to release.
Announcing Destiny Chronicles, a Fantasy Action 3D JRPG Game
Destiny Chronicles is an action role-playing game that follows Celeste, a young squire, as she journeys across a mysterious land filled with ancient ruins and dangerous monsters to reclaim a powerful stolen artefact and prove herself worthy of knighthood.
Inspired by classic action JRPGs, Destiny Chronicles is an action role-playing game about a squire named Celeste who begins a journey to prove herself worthy of becoming a true knight. Her quest takes her far from her home, across the continent in pursuit of a thief whose actions stem from a sinister plot.
Its character-driven plot focuses on the interactions between Celeste and her companions as they hunt down the thief. Our goal is to make the game lighthearted and humorous, yet still tell a compelling story.
Destiny Chronicles features an exciting and fast-paced action combat system like that of Kingdom Hearts and Celeste’s fighting style can be customized to suit your playstyle with a talent tree and upgrade system.
- Exciting, Dynamic Battles – Take on a variety of enemies with an exciting action combat system. Plan your battles, unleash special attacks, and devastate your foes.
- Beautiful, Mysterious World – Explore fields, towns, and dungeons across a strange world still haunted by its elusive past.
- Customization – Use an expansive talent tree to customize Celeste’s fighting style.
- Quests – In addition to the main story, side quests and optional activities allow you to further explore the world and characters of Destiny Chronicles.
- Party Interactions – The three main characters learn and change throughout their journey and humorous banter fills their interactions as they come to know each other. Optional conversations add greater depth to their friendship.
- Enchanting – Upgrade your gear and boost your skills by enchanting them with magical relics.
- Character-Driven Story – As Celeste travels across the continent with her companions Valana and Ruby, they’ll learn more about the world and its history, as well as a sinister plot about to unfold
More info is available at the game’s website which includes character designs and the story synopsis for Destiny Chronicles.
REDOUT GOES LIGHTSPEED!
The acclaimed anti-gravity racing will hit retail with an exclusive complete edition!
505 Games is proud to announce that Redout, the anti-gravity racing simulation, will hit retail stores with an exclusive and enriched version, available for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Redout: Lightspeed Edition will include the brand new “split screen” mode – which will push you and your friends into fierce head-to-head, elbow-to-elbow challenges – plus the “Europa” DLC and the newly added “Neptune” DLC. The game will offer a total set of 30 unique tracks, along with 6 different environments, staged on a dystopian Earth.
Redout is a tribute to classic anti-gravity racing games. It is designed to be an uncompromising, fast, tough and satisfying driving experience, soaked in the sensory overload that stands at the core of the arcade racing genre. The floating system and driving models are based on an advanced physics model: each turn, slope, hard braking, acceleration, each turn and twist of the track will apply a unique force to the ship. A sharp low-polygon style blends meshes and terrains with the latest state-of-the-art shading and lighting effects provided by the Unreal Engine 4, creating beautiful and instantly recognizable aesthetics. Breezy coastlines, eerie frozen landscapes, vast desert plains: the melancholic, dystopian atmosphere of a semi abandoned Earth is the background for high-speed, tense and beautiful futuristic racing clashes.
UPDATED REDOUT FEATURES FOR PLAYSTATION 4 AND XBOX ONE CONSOLES:
- Multiplayer: Challenge up to 6 players from around the globe, or a friend – head-to-head – in the brand new split screen mode, to find out who the best Redout pilot is.
- Career mode: Carve out your path to glory with more than 100 different racing events, varying experience, and an array of challenging levels.
- Upgradable Ships: Invest in improving your Engine, Magnets, Structure and Energy to get your ship track-ready.
- See the world: Put the pedal to the metal on 30 different tracks scattered around 6 locations on a post-apocalyptic Earth. Challenge additional boss circuits to see what you are made of.
- 11 Event Types: Test your skills in 11 different events: Race, Pure Race, Time Attack, Pure Time Attack, Speed, Instagib, Survival, Score Based Endurance, Last Man Standing, Boss and Arena Race.
- Team up: Drivers will have their pick of 4 racing classes and 7 different racing teams, with each team requiring a different driving approach to make the cut.
- Power ups: To get that competitive edge, you have the option of 12 upgradable power-ups: additional turbo, shields, self-repair drone, advanced grip system, slipstream enhancers, and more.
Redout: Lightspeed Edition will be available this year in retail, from August 29th in United States, and August 31st across Europe, at 39.99$/39.99€/29.99£. Both PlayStation®4 and Xbox One versions will include a unique, format-exclusive livery that will be available for all your ships.
WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT, TT GAMES, THE LEGO GROUP AND MARVEL ENTERTAINMENT ANNOUNCE LEGO MARVEL SUPER HEROES 2
Iconic Marvel Super Heroes and Super Villains from Different Eras and Realities Come Together for an All-New, Original Adventure in the Sequel to Blockbuster Hit, LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, TT Games, The LEGO Group and Marvel Entertainment today announced LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2, an all-new, original adventure and sequel to smash hit, LEGO Marvel Super Heroes. Bringing together iconic Marvel Super Heroes and Super Villains from different eras and realities, along with signature LEGO humour, the latest epic adventure from TT Games transports players into a cosmic battle across a myriad of Marvel locations ripped from time and space into the incredible open hub world of Chronopolis. LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 will be available starting 17th of November for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. The game will be released for Nintendo Switch this Christmas.
To view the teaser trailer, please visit the WB Games UK YouTube channel at: https://youtu.be/EtB4dfw9-T8.
“With a completely original branching storyline, LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 introduces amazing new gameplay features, including the ability for characters to manipulate time and a four-player competitive Super Hero battling mode,” said Tom Stone, Managing Director, TT Games. “With a huge array of brand new characters from the Marvel universe, including old favourites in new guises, this game is sure to thrill both LEGO and Marvel fans, as well as newcomers to the series.”
“The LEGO® Group is delighted to continue the stories of the legendary Marvel characters in a new LEGO adventure,” said Sean McEvoy, VP Digital Games, The LEGO Group. “Fans young and old will love playing through this all-new cosmic saga spanning the Marvel Universe as seen through the LEGO lens.”
“As we look to bring amazing games to Marvel fans of all ages, we’ve teamed up yet again with our incredible partners at LEGO, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and TT Games,” said Jay Ong, SVP, Games & Innovation, Marvel Entertainment. “LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 brings characters from across Marvel’s history into an original story told in a way that only LEGO games can, offering hours of epic gameplay.”
“Delivering on our commitment to make unforgettable games, it was only a matter of time before we teamed back up with our incredible partners at LEGO, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and TT Games,” said Jay Ong, SVP, Games & Innovation, Marvel Entertainment. “LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 brings characters from Marvel’s storied history into an original story that transports players into a one-of-a-kind LEGO world, offering hours of epic gameplay.”
Players will go head-to-head with the time-traveling Kang the Conqueror in an epic battle across Chronopolis, from Ancient Egypt and The Old West to Sakaar and New York City in 2099. Along the way, gamers will be able to take control of a host of iconic characters, from Cowboy Captain America from the past to Spider-Man 2099 from the future along with Thor, Hulk, the Guardians of the Galaxy, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Doctor Strange, Green Goblin and dozens of other Marvel Super Heroes and Super Villains.
Packed with entertaining LEGO humour for fans of all ages, LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 features a four player multiplayer mode, allowing friends and family to play competitively or cooperatively as a team.
That’s all for news today!