Welcome to the Daily News!
In the press today…
LIVE THE THRILLS OF MotoGP AS YOU HAVE NEVER BEFORE WITH THE NEW MANAGERIAL CAREER MODE
Milestone, one of the most important and established game developers specialised in the racing sector, is pleased to announce the Managerial Career, which is set to become one of the most exciting developments of MotoGP17, the video game dedicated to the 2017 World Championship.
A new challenge is set: after experiencing the thrills of the Championship as a rider, feeling the adrenaline rush of racing on the tracks and becoming the champion, with the new Managerial Career, you will now be able to put yourself in the shoes of the Team Manager and take decisions that will determine the success of your team in the World Championship.
The meticulous, hard work of the talented people who have committed effortlessly to create a championship team lies behind the pit wall; the choices of a Team Manager are critical to the success of a champion, starting with the management of resources in order to create a winning team and to motivate young riders towards attaining the title! Each victory accomplished at the race weekends will increase your reputation and make you earn new credits, enhancing the riders’ performance at the same time.
The Team Manager will lead every aspect of the team like a deus ex machina, including:
- Sponsors: as the reputation of your team grows victory after victory, you will be able to increase your visibility and receive offers from the Championship’s official sponsors, allowing you to get new in-game credits.
- Bikes: being competitive means being able to race on high performance bikes and being a Team Manager means you can invest in the best models. Naturally, the more popular your team becomes, the greater your selection will be!
- Riders: one of the main tasks of the debut season will be to choose the best riders for your team; the player, apart from racing with their custom rider, will also need to hire another 5 riders who will compete in all the categories, guided by artificial intelligence. The player will also manage the crew and prepare the riders for each challenge. Managing the activities and costs for both the team and riders will speed your journey to success.
- Team Departments: as the Team Manager, you will oversee the various departments that make up your team, investing resources to improve the growth of the riders and your income after each race. The team consists of more than 10 departments (Nutritionists, Athletic Preparation Team, Sports Management, etc.) and with careful management, players can win the World Championship in three different classes!
- R&D Department: although a team is chiefly made up of people and activities that need to be managed on a daily basis, a good Team Manager will invest in the R&D department so as to always guarantee not only the best bikes but also the best components which will ensure superior performance, race after race!
With the new Managerial Career mode, for the first time ever, you can live the thrill of the MotoGP championship in a leading role! The game will be available from the 15th of June 2017 on PS4, PS4 Pro, Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system, and Windows PC/STEAM.
Voxel Shot VR – Closing in to seal your doom on May 19th
A VR zombie shooter w/ retro graphics, coming to Steam May 19th! Voxel Shot VR is $12.99 with a 25% launch discount!
Welcome to the Voxzombocalypse.
- Annihilate hordes of cute/grotesque zombies
- Use all weapons at your disposal like the Minigun, Uzi, Sniper Rifle, Assault Rifle, Rocket launcher, and a plethora of grenades
- Survive four stages with varying difficulty: City, Desert, Base, Airport
- Battle giant zombies, helicopters, and tanks
- Eliminate an unlimited amount of blood-thirsty zombies in Endless Mode
Be the highest ranking voxel zombie killer with global leaderboards
Nintendo Details DLC Coming to Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia for Nintendo 3DS
The upcoming Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia game, which launches exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems on May 19, is a massive game filled to the brim with content. For players who want to extend their adventure even further, five major DLC packs are coming to the game starting on May 19, adding more maps, dungeons, characters and items.
- Season Pass (May 19, $44.99, 22 pieces of content): The Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia Season Pass includes all five DLC packs as they release. By purchasing the Season Pass, fans who want to receive all DLC will save more than 30 percent compared to purchasing all 22 pieces of content on their own.
- DLC Pack #1 – Fledgling Warriors Pack (May 19, $7.99, three pieces of content): Ideal for early- to mid-game adventurers, this pack includes a new dungeon (The Astral Temple) and two new maps, great for gaining more items, money and experience points.
- DLC Pack #2 – Undaunted Heroes Pack (May 25, $9.99, three pieces of content): In addition to a new dungeon (The Inner Sanctum), this pack also includes two challenging news maps that stronger, more seasoned heroes will want to tackle.
- DLC Pack #3 – Lost Altars Pack (May 25, $14.99, 10 pieces of content): The mysterious dungeons included in this pack hold the power to upgrade characters to exclusive classes that don’t appear in the main game.
- DLC Pack #4 – Rise of the Deliverance Pack (June 1, $12.99, four pieces of content): Discover the previously untold history of Valentia in this Prologue pack. Complete with new story content and additional voice acting that details the rise of the Deliverance in Zofia, this collection of challenging maps includes new support conversations between selected heroes, as well as the ability to take command of a character players won’t be able to control in the main game.
- DLC Pack #5 ($5.99, two pieces of content): More information about this final DLC pack will be revealed in the future.
All of these packs, as well as the individual components included in each pack, can be purchased separately, giving players the flexibility to buy as many or as few as they want.
While Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia features all this great paid DLC, free downloadable content will also be released for the game after launch for a limited time, starting on May 19. The first free content is a special gift from Goddess Mila and can be obtained when playing the game. For more details about the game’s DLC, visit http://fireemblemechoes.nintendo.com/dlc.
Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia launches for Nintendo 3DS on May 19 at a suggested retail price of $39.99. A limited-edition bundle for the game will launch on the same day at a suggested retail price of $59.99. Also launching on May 19 are the Alm and Celica amiibo figures, available only as a set at a suggested retail price of $24.99.
THE WORLD OF DRAGON QUEST HEROES II EXPANDS WITH MONTH LONG CONTENT UPDATES
The battle to defend the Seven Realms continues today with the release of free content updates for the recently launched action RPG title, DRAGON QUEST HEROES II. Beginning today, players can dive into the first of five installments of new content, which feature extended side-quests that delve deeper into the game’s colorful cast of characters. The update will also add a host of exclusive Slime weapons and additional multiplayer content.
The first update introduces two new side-quests, Episode Maribel & Ruff and Episode Torneko, which focus on the three veteran characters from the DRAGON QUEST series. The full list of updates includes:
May 4, 2017
- Side Quest: Episode Maribel & Ruff
- Side Quest: Episode Torneko
May 11, 2017
- Side Quest: Episode Carver & Terry
- Side Quest: Episode Meena & Maya
- Special Boss Map: Estark
- Quest for the ultimate co-op spell: Kazzaple
May 18, 2017
- Side Quest: Episode Jessica & Angelo
- Side Quest: Episode Alena & Kiryl
- Additional Characters for Multiplayer mode #1: Luceus, Aurora, Bianca & Nera
May 25, 2017
- Additional Characters for Multiplayer mode #2: Dorik, Yangus, Isla & Psaro
- Special Boss Map: Dragon Lord
June 1, 2017
- Monster Medal Battle: Play online multiplayer competitively against players from around the world.
Walking Simulator, “The Rain Spirit: Code Breaker” now on Kickstarter for PC, coming soon to Steam
The Rain Spirit: Code Breaker now on Kickstarter for PC, coming soon to Steam, developed by indie studio Waves and Blaze.
A First Person, Atmospheric Puzzle Exploratory Game seeking extra funds for finishing touches and VR headset development.
Official YouTube Trailer:
Kickstarter Link below:
Game Features :
– Explore a giant open world, unlocking puzzles and solve codes to further the journey.
– Immersive and unique environments blended with an original score.
– Engage enemies, portals, strange characters and problem solving devices.
– An experimental take on the puzzle game genre.
– Meet characters to help assist you.
– Decide or learn whether to trust them or not.
– Make sure to reference your player log to look up past conversations.
– Problem solving situations involving point A to point B can be deceptive sometimes.
– Beautiful environments to explore and timeless game play .
A young girl, Lila, falls into deep dream state after a traumatic accident. She wakes up in an unknown world filled with strange clues and characters tied to her real life. She needs to return home to be with her family.
She will encounter strange creatures and characters both good and evil, who will assist or detract from her journey. Themes of fear, temptation, illusion, trust and problem solving will test her ability. Will she ever regain life? If lucky enough, she will stumble upon documents, codes, some magic, flashlight, a compass , maps and many other items to aide her. If unlucky, she may fall to her death, get bitten, be tricked into danger or encounter the wrong creature. But hidden in some of the finer details, the Rain Spirit is waiting.
The Surge’s brutal combat and unique setting are explored in behind-the-scenes trailer
Hardcore Action-RPG The Surge comes to PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC on May 16, 2017. Go behind the scenes in today’s trailer, as the Deck13 team discuss how they created the game’s brutal combat and unique sci-fi setting.
Delve into The Surge’s industrial, near-future Earth setting, which tackles issues of environmental destruction, corporatism and misuse of technology relevant to our own world. Taking control of the exo-suited Warren, players will explore rich, secret-filled environments and venture deep into the heart of tech company CREO’s devastated facility – all while battling crazed employees with fried cranial implants and robots gone haywire.
Using the limb-based targeting system, players can exploit enemies’ weaknesses – though as Deck13’s Thorsten Lange states, “the same rules apply for the enemies.” Positioning is of the utmost importance, and even the smallest misstep can end in death. Warren isn’t an “overpowered superhero”, and combat animations were given credibility through extensive motion capture sessions with a stuntman, resulting in combat that feels weighty and satisfying.
Set in a heavily dystopian future as Earth nears the end of its life, those who remain in the overpopulated cities must work to survive as social programs become saturated by an ageing population and increasing environmental diseases. As the intelligence of technology incrementally increased over the years, many jobs for the human race had been made redundant, forcing Earth’s citizens to head out into the suburbs seeking labor, aided by exoskeletons to improve their efficiency. The world of The Surge offers a very grim vision of the future, where the evolution of our technology, our society and our relation with the environment led to a decadent state of the Human civilization. The Surge features innovative combat mechanics and an original character progression system based on modular upgrades gained through tight, visceral combat.
STEEP WINTERFEST ADD-ON CONTENT AVAILABLE NOW
Today, Ubisoftannounced that Winterfest, the add-on content for Steep, is now available for season pass and gold edition owners on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system and Windows PC. Winterfest add-on is also available for purchase separately.
After tackling the Alps and Alaska on skis, snowboards, wingsuits and paragliders, Winterfest owners will be able to race down the slopes on a winter sled. Winterfest owners will also be taking part in the craziest winter sports festival ever. The start of the in-game Winterfest festival heralds the arrival of the most chilling yeti boss living in the Alps: The Beast, the veritable king of Winterfest. To take over his throne, players will make their way through 21 wacky challenges, such as flying through the air hunting balloons in wingsuits, evading enemy fire while hurtling down the mountain at breakneck speeds, and even taking on the guise of a goat-eating dinosaur. As they take on crazier feats than ever before, players will have to beat 4 mini-bosses on their way to the final challenge; a boss battle against the king himself.
The Winterfest festival also brings more crazy costumes and equipment to the world of Steep. Winterfest owners will be able to access exclusive Winterfest-themed costumes and equipment, including a dinosaur costume, banana costume, sumo suit, swimsuit, and a superhero costume. The in-game shop will also be updated to include new costumes and equipment available to all players.
With development led by Ubisoft Annecy,* Steep is designed for a culture that’s all about sharing experiences with the world. Steep features seamless multiplayer which populates the world with players as they explore the Alps and Alaska. Players and friends across the globe can take on challenges together, or compete with each other to snag the top spot on the leaderboards. The game’s replay feature expands this experience, allowing players to relive their wildest tricks and memorable lines and even share them as videos on social media. It doesn’t stop there, as challenges can be created from any line to compete with friends and achieve the best time, or score based on customisable factors, such as completing tricks.
For the ultimate Steep experience players can purchase the gold edition, which includes the game and season pass. The season pass gives players access to the Adrenaline Pack and Winterfest add-on, available now, and the upcoming Extreme Pack add-on; three packs that include exclusive challenges, unique costumes, and new adrenaline-pumping sports to make each ride unique and each experience even more exciting. Season pass owners will also receive an exclusive Snowman costume, the Sasquatch costume, the Dollar Proximity Wingsuit costume, 10,000 Steep credits, and in-game helicopter tickets.
Webseries About Mental Health and Video Games Needs Your Help
Non-profit organisation CheckPoint has today launched its Kickstarter campaign for a webseries that aims to help people with mental health issues using the power of video games. CheckPoint needs to raise AU$55,000 to fund a high quality, 16-episode webseries about mental health and video games called CHECKPOINT. If funded, CHECKPOINT will feature evidence-based advice from mental health professionals, as well as stories of lived experience from everyday heroes in the games industry, including developers, journalists and content creators. This is the first project of its kind, and CheckPoint believes it could change lives – or even save them.
Dr Jennifer Hazel, founder and executive director of CheckPoint, said: “If we get funded, we’ll produce a high quality, 16-episode series to raise awareness for mental health issues, reduce stigma, and improve the wellbeing of people all over the world. And we’re going to use games and game culture to do it.”
Josh Scherr, writer of the award-winning Uncharted series for Naughty Dog, said: “I first became familiar with Dr. Jennifer Hazel’s work after watching her presentation from the 2017 Game Developer’s Conference entitled ‘Invent a Game, Reinvent Yourself.’ As someone who not only plays video games, makes video games, and dealt with a nasty panic disorder, the presentation spoke to me – and it’s something I wish I’d seen back in 2001, when I was going through the worst of it.
“Feelings of shame, fear, and helplessness are all too common among those suffering from mental health issues; often, it makes taking that first step towards seeking help incredibly difficult. Easy to access resources, such as this video series, are often invaluable in helping people get past that initial hurdle, and as such, can be life-changing (if not outright life-saving).
“Having since met Jennifer and spoken with her at length, it’s safe to say she’s incredibly passionate about her work and dedicated to making people’s lives better. I hope you’ll consider supporting her project, and I hope this series will encourage people struggling with mental illness to seek the help they need.”
Globally one in four people experience a mental illness, with two thirds of those affected never seeking help or treatment.
The series is planned to be split into two distinct parts. The first will focus on mental health issues broadly, aiming to improve awareness and show people how to get help if they need it. The second part will investigate how video games can be used to promote positive wellbeing.
The Kickstarter campaign will run for 30 days, ending on June 3rd, and will include The Monster Marathon Fundraising Stream, hosted at Twitch.TV from 19-21 May. The stream will feature lots of different content creators and activities, with prize draws of amazing loot up for grabs for those who donate to the Kickstarter.
CheckPoint works toward making a better life for everyone affected by mental health issues, and believes that this can be done using video games and technology. CheckPoint has experience in delivering this information at conferences worldwide. In 2016, Dr Hazel gave the keynote speech at IndieCade GameU. At the Game Developers Conference 2017, her talk, ‘Invent A Game, Reinvent Yourself’ was top five in the Advocacy Track and 97 per cent of the reviews were positive. Dr Hazel hopes that this content can be of use to even more people by making it free to watch online, with hours of content, interviews, even more information, and high production values.
“The gaming community has embraced our work with open arms,” Dr Hazel explains. “They have helped us get to where we are and we hope that what we provide makes it all worth it. Gaming brings people together, there’s evidence to prove games can treat anxiety, depression, improve mood, and so much more. We truly believe that we can improve the lives of people all over the world by using the wonderful power of video games – and that this is the community which will help us do it.”
That’s all for news today!