The indie JRPG hit Edge Of Eternity (rated ‘very positive’ on Steam with over 1200 reviews) is going into beta today with a massive Steam Early Access update and a 30% discount for 8 days on Steam to welcome new players.
The full game is set to release on Steam, GOG, PS4 and Xbox.
The Beta update marks a milestone of the Early Access during which the game expanded to over 40 hours of playtime with regular updates. The beta update brings a new dynamic BattleCam, a new crafting system (including recipes and material gathering), new secondary quests, dynamic events, re-worked cut scenes, re-done facial expressions and a lot of extra polish.
Beta update highlights
- New BattleCam for combat: You can switch between the current “tactical” and the new “cinematic/dynamic” camera
- New crafting system: gather recipes and materials to craft your own gear and items
- Reworked cutscenes: improved lighting, color and revamped the lip sync system
- New quests: dynamic events and spontaneous secondary quests
- Updated character designs: includes new details for the heroes and NPCs
- General polish and fixes
About Edge of Eternity
- Ambitious new JRPG adventure being developed by a small indie studio, taking influences from both Japanese & Western RPGs
- On Steam Early Access now, with the game world expanding and major new story chapters added throughout the Early Access period
- Successfully Kickstarted by fans in 2015, reaching almost 4x the campaign goal
- A grand tale of hope and sacrifice. Join young soldier Daryon and a cast of unforgettable characters as they set out ona fate-defying journey across a dying world
- Solve quests in multiple ways, make your own choices and face their consequences
- Master a deep and strategic combat system that Incorporates skills, equipment, upgrades, and even the environment in the unique nexus-grid based combat system
- Befriend and mount a fearless yet adorable beast. The Nekaroo will soon become your best friend when travelling across the vast world of Heryon!
- A stunning soundtrack including contributions from Chrono Trigger & Xenoblade Chronicles composer Yasunori Mitsuda
- Build your own world and adventures with Edge Of Eternity’s modkit and share your adventures online through a special Twitch mode!